Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Opponent for Mayweather most exciting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Opponent for Mayweather most exciting?

Out Of these guys listed in the poll, which do you think would be the most exciting for you to watch?
    Saul Alvarez
    29.17%
    Timothy Bradley
    4.17%
    Robert Guerrero
    0.00%
    Andre Berto
    0.00%
    Sergio Martinez
    66.67%

Martinez,he is the bigger challenge
    Canelo is a good fight too
    All the others,not really

Comment

Bradley and Guerrero would try to match skills with Mayweather, both have notable physical disadvantages.

Good luck with that.

Berto is, well, Berto.

Canelo is big, young and on the up-and-up. I think that would be a good fight, where May has a chance of losing (he's getting on in age). Still favour Mayweather.

Martinez is also skilled, he is also bigger and maybe even faster than Mayweather. But I don't think Mayweather should go to 160, and I'm not sure how well Martinez would do at 154. If he can fight someone else at 154 and look good, I would like to see that fight.

Comment

I went with alverez since one of them has to lose that 0.

Comment

Thomas Hauser

Comment

Originally posted by ToPRaNK View Post
            I went with alverez since one of them has to lose that 0.
            Are you in marketing by any chance?haha

Comment

Martinez for me.

Then possible Canelo/Bradley

I think The Ghost would try and "box" Floyd in which case he come up very short because Floyd's levels above them when it comes to pure boxing skills.

I think Bradley could give him problems for a while depending on what style he goes with. Plus he's got that determination that not many other fighters have.

Comment

It's Canelo because he's younger and stronger, and could bring the fight to Floyd. Martinez isn't a banger. He's going to keep the fight on the outside. Floyd would have to walk him down to make it exciting. Those other guys can't compete with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                  It's Canelo because he's younger and stronger, and could bring the fight to Floyd. Martinez isn't a banger. He's going to keep the fight on the outside. Floyd would have to walk him down to make it exciting. Those other guys can't compete with Floyd.
                  Yeah I always wonder how stylistically a Floyd-Sergio match-up would work. I can see how Sergio has the raw materials (power, handspeed, conditioning) to bring the fight to Floyd, but he's not really in the Castillo/Cotto mould either, the only template that's there for actually troubling Mayweather.

Comment

I think it's martinez ..bradley and ghost don't have the power to keep him honest .and canelo is the more easy for Floyd due to he have not experience again top opposition( he never fought a top 20 in his weight or a top 500 p4p)

Comment

Working...
                    X