No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    According to rumors, the next Xbox will be backwards compatible with the 360, even enhancing the graphics of later releases.

I hope that's true.
    Yea, I heard that about a year ago too. That almost sounds too good to be true, but it would definitely be awesome if they could do that. They would have to emulate the games because of the difference in the CPU architecture. The 360 uses a 3 core CPU while the 720 is rumored to have the AMD Jaguar CPU which is 4 cores that are split, Essentially making it an 8 core.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      That's what M$ is doing not Sony. Sony already came out and said they're doing the right thing when it comes to used games. They'll allow used games to be played on their system.

Another interesting tidbit I heard about the Xbox 720 is that it's gonna have always online DRM, which means you'll have to constantly be connected to the internet when gaming.
      this worries me, if its true its going to be way hard to mod the console

Comment

• Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
        this worries me, if its true its going to be way hard to mod the console
        I gamed on PlayStation consoles since PS1 days until PS3. A couple of years back I became interested in changing professions and I started teaching myself about computers. Within a month I had built my own PC and became a hardcore PC gamer. The main reason I did it was because I wanted to play all the new games for free.

For a while I was using torrents and playing any game I wanted. It's so easy to pirate a PC game it's almost not even fair. Major developers are slowly stopping developing games for PC because of that. I dabbled with a few PC-exclusive and independent PC games and was blown away at their quality. I came to the realization that I'm part of the reason companies aren't developing games more so I stopped pirating games altogether.

People may talk about major companies like Microsoft and Sony "having enough money already" that they don't realize, they employ people just like you and me to develop games. They get pushed a lot, work day and night and sometimes spend their holidays away from their families working on games. (google Team Bondi working conditions)

I'm a blue collar, day to day working man and I don't have money to buy games all the time. I try to look for bargains on games, but I always buy them legally now. I don't hold it against anyone for pirating games though cause I'd be a hypocrite because I've done it in the past.

My point is, you're right, it's gonna be harder to hack a console to play pirated games, but the game quality is gonna go through the roof. For example, iOS has a locked app store and Android has a mostly open store. The quality of games is better on Apple because the developers don't have to worry as much about people pirating their games. Companies don't wanna invest a lot in a game if they're not gonna make good money off of it. This is coming from an Android fan too.

/end rant

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          I gamed on PlayStation consoles since PS1 days until PS3. A couple of years back I became interested in changing professions and I started teaching myself about computers. Within a month I had built my own PC and became a hardcore PC gamer. The main reason I did it was because I wanted to play all the new games for free.

For a while I was using torrents and playing any game I wanted. It's so easy to pirate a PC game it's almost not even fair. Major developers are slowly stopping developing games for PC because of that. I dabbled with a few PC-exclusive and independent PC games and was blown away at their quality. I came to the realization that I'm part of the reason companies aren't developing games more so I stopped pirating games altogether.

People may talk about major companies like Microsoft and Sony "having enough money already" that they don't realize, they employ people just like you and me to develop games. They get pushed a lot, work day and night and sometimes spend their holidays away from their families working on games. (google Team Bondi working conditions)

I'm a blue collar, day to day working man and I don't have money to buy games all the time. I try to look for bargains on games, but I always buy them legally now. I don't hold it against anyone for pirating games though cause I'd be a hypocrite because I've done it in the past.

My point is, you're right, it's gonna be harder to hack a console to play pirated games, but the game quality is gonna go through the roof. For example, iOS has a locked app store and Android has a mostly open store. The quality of games is better on Apple because the developers don't have to worry as much about people pirating their games. Companies don't wanna invest a lot in a game if they're not gonna make good money off of it. This is coming from an Android fan too.

/end rant
          man idk, i mean the ps3 is pretty much unhackable and yet the ps3 exclusive quality has not gone through the roof.
          But nothing beats burning your own games, you can get some rare games you dont find on regular stores and you can try out games you would rather not shell 50 bucks for
          i just downloaded dmc and it was crap, im glad i only spend 5 on the verbatim disk instead of 50 or something
          The sc2 expansion Heart of the swarm is coming out in a couple days and i rather not spend 60 bucks on something they could have easily added to the original sc2
          Dont get me wrong i have a bunch of original games, but when im unsure about the quality of something id rather burn it

Comment

• Avalanche: 'PS4 development a walk in the park'

Avalanche Studios' Linus Blomberg suggests experience of PS4 development, and sees the machine as a PC-beater

Avalanche Studios CTO Linus Blomberg has described developing for the recently announced PlayStation 4 as 'a walk in the park'.

Speaking with Develop, the co-founder of the Just Cause studio has showered Sony's forthcoming console with praise, although he admitted it will take time for some devs to familiarise themselves with the platform.

"Compared to the PS3 it's a walk in the park," stated Blomberg. "I think that's one of the major lessons Sony learned with the last generation, you have to be accessible for the developers to be successful. Of course, there's still some quirkiness involved, especially if you're used to a Windows development environment."

He also told Develop that he believes the PS4 could outperform PCs for many years,

"The hardware as such is great, and will outperform most PC's for many years to come," he claimed. "But the true greatness lies in the accessibility and ecosystem supporting it in terms of social connectivity and cloud services."

Blomberg's comments about ease of developing for the PS4 seem to suggest the studio has experience making games for the systems. It is rumoured the studio is at work on a new Just Cause game and a Mad Max open world title, but neither is confirmed for PS4.

Avalance was one of 26 developers and games tech professionals that spoke with Develop, most of whom were largely positive about the platform. To read all their insights click here.

Comment

• I've read all over the place that game developers are excited with the PS4, something about the specs making it easier to make better games.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I've read all over the place that game developers are excited with the PS4, something about the specs making it easier to make better games.
                It is, AMD CPU & GPU and 8GB of GDDR5 RAM (which is fast as hell), plus there's no operating system and other programs running in the background, so the developers can use the whole console to run the game.

Comment

• Comment

• The ps4 is high specification, but pc's will leap past it LONG before they max its potential

Consoles will never outperform pc's, never.

Don't kid yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      The ps4 is high specification, but pc's will leap past it LONG before they max its potential

Consoles will never outperform pc's, never.

Don't kid yourself
                      A console is a pc.

Comment

Working...
                      X