Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder got more one punch KO Power than Wlad or Price. People were right.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Not sure about that cause according to reports,Deontay gave Wlad problems in sparring.
    It was the other way 'round. Wlad beat him up in sparring.

Wilder's still got potential though. He needs to pick up the jab.

Comment

I'm not sold on Wilder yet. He has promise, but seems a little raw. Kind of like a "fit" Samuel Peter. He's way better than Seth Mitchell at least. With his height his trainer needs to have him establish a jab so he can utilize his height advantage and set up his power punches.

Comment

People need to stop jumping to conclusions with Wilder and stop comparing him to Price and Fury.

Regardless of age or number of professional fights he is still a few steps behind both guys in terms of development. Price and Fury both had legit amateur careers which means they have faced world class competition on the amateur level and fought under hostile conditions many times.

Wilder is about as green as the grass. Raw like sashimi.

Give DW a year or two. His jab is a work in progress, he squares up too much and he smothers himself way too much. However, there is no teaching the kind of power he has. He needs to shorten that right hand up. Actually Price would be a good example for him. When you are as big as Wilder and Price you don't need to put 100% power into the shot to drop a man. Price does a great job at throwing short straight right hands that hurt his opponents and set them up for easy finishes. I like that about him. That will be the next stage of development for Wilder.

I still think DW needs at least 5 more fights before he steps up to the comp that Price and Fury are fighting now. I hope his management and promotional team are smart enough to be patient with him even though there is a gaping void on the American HW scene that fans want to see filled right now.

Comment

Wilder's people have been making noise about fighting Bryant Jennings next.

I wouldn't do that yet (although Wilder might actually be able to beat him) because he needs to be developing still. But in this day and age everyone is in a rush to get the big money as quick as they can.

He would be well served to take more time to properly hone his craft.

Comment

Working...
          X