Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Ad-Ware removal / Antivirus software do you use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ad-Ware removal / Antivirus software do you use?

I've been running Ad-Ware Antivirus & AVG (Both Free Versions) but I am ready to try something new that actually works.

What is your set up/program you use?

Avast !

Comment

I just use Avast, haven't had a virus in years because i'm careful with what i download and where from.

Comment

I use AVG Internet Security.

Comment

Been doing fine with Norton for years. Tried Trend awhile back but returned to Norton.
          Last edited by TBear; 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Comodo! Its free and one of the best. I use the in combination of Malwarebytes. I am a Tech BTW

Comment

norton 360

Comment

AVG for years but it's relentless safe search, setting tweaks to the browser and other crap was annoying me. Plus it wouldn't update.

Been using Avast again for few months, interface and usability isn't as friendly but seems ok.

Heard and found terrible experiences with Norton, such a memory hog, doesn't un-install normally as a program should, and is basically a PR/brand success only.

I have a few spyware and such programs which I use when I can be bothered, crap cleaner, Advanced System Care, iobit, Ad-aware.

I'm ready to give a Chromebook a go. Sick of Windows.

Comment

AVG Free and I have nothing but praise for it.

However one time I had to activate a free Norton trial to rid of a virus that AVG couldn't handle, ah well you get what you pay for.

Comment

AVG ...used to use Norton 360 back when I was computer illiterate

Comment

Working...
                    X