Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: Weigh in 158, Next night 175.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones: Weigh in 158, Next night 175.

Love this fight. The commentary here is surprising too I don't remember Roy saying so much when I saw this the first time a months back.

He mentions how he thinks Hopkins can make 154 pretty easily because hopkins is only putting on 6lbs after weighing in. (for those saying Bhop picked on smaller Jr Mids)

He also mentions how he use to weigh in at 158 and the next night weigh 175.
    Says he knew he'd beat bernard at the time because he outsized him by a ton, that bhop was too small for him.

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Love this fight. The commentary here is surprising too I don't remember Roy saying so much when I saw this the first time a months back.

He mentions how he thinks Hopkins can make 154 pretty easily because hopkins is only putting on 6lbs after weighing in. (for those saying Bhop picked on smaller Jr Mids)

Says he knew he'd beat bernard at the time because he outsized him by a ton, that bhop was too small for him.

I thought he could make 154 back then as well but he cemented his legacy at 160 anyway. I always wondered if he fought at 154 back then how his career would have been different?

Comment

Hopkins weighed in at 156 against Oscar so I'm sure if he wanted to he could have made 154.

Comment

he also mentions that hopkins fought at 175 at the beginning of his career...wtf is he doing fighting blown up welters?

everybody knows brown's best weight was 147....perfect example of how hopkins scaled down to beat up on a weak middleweight division right here thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Hopkins weighed in at 156 against Oscar so I'm sure if he wanted to he could have made 154.
          ^ This.

He made it pretty comfortable too which was surprising since he didn't seem to carry any fat at all at 160. It's amazing he was able to fill out 175 as well as he did. Real proof that he takes care of himself on a regular basis, not just in prep for fights

Comment

^ This.

It's amazing he was able to fill out 175 as well as he did.
            if he entered boxing at 175, what is so amazing about him going back up to 175...

Comment

if you ask roy that question now hell say god told him to beat bernard in a dream because god said he would put on more weight after god made him weigh 158....

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                if he entered boxing at 175, what is so amazing about him going back up to 175...
                yes because he was fresh out of prison and not in his best possible shape, but you already know that you're just hatin to hate as usual.

Comment

everbody knows Hopkins was a small middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
                    everbody knows Hopkins was a small middleweight.
                    lmao........

Comment

Working...
                    X