Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Park destory everything humanly possible in 200th episode, Mainly religons!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] South Park destory everything humanly possible in 200th episode, Mainly religons!

South Park creators court fury after including Prophet Muhammad in no-holds-barred 200th episode
    By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 3:54 PM on 15th April 2010

Cartoon South Park is courting controversy after daring to draw the Prophet Muhammad in a no-holds-barred 200th episode.

The creators of the irreverent show have mixed some of the most litigious celebrities in showbusiness with one of the most incendiary topics of modern times.

In the anniversary episode, the stars of the show again poke fun at Hollywood star Tom Cruise, who teams up with a group of other celebrities parodied in the show - including Bono, Tiger Woods and Paris Hilton - to plot their revenge.

They demand that the town of South Park bring him the Prophet Muhammad - but they balk at the request due to the real-life controversy of drawing the religious figure.

Cruise is set on 'harvesting' this supposed immunity to ridicule to prevent himself being parodied.

But a tug-of-war ensues between the celebrities and an association of redheaded children after the children in South Park - Kyle, Kenny, Cartman and Stan - 'track down' a version of the Prophet Muhammad.

A frustrated Cruise then recreates his infamous couch-jumping on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 2005 by angrily bouncing on a couch next to a cartoon of the talk show host.

The show also includes a fire-breathing robotic Godzilla version of Barbara Streisand - called Mecha-Streisand.

South Park has previously ridiculed the Hollywood actor in a 2005 episode.

But depictions of the Prophet Muhammad are seen as blasphemous and offensive by Muslims.

The issue came to the fore in 2005 and 2007 when European newspapers published cartoons featuring the religious leader.

The cartoonists behind the series of drawings faced death threats, the Danish embassy in Syria was burned down in 2006 and there were global protests and calls to boycott Danish products.

Danish newspapers apologised for reprinting the pictures earlier this year and members of an alleged plot to kill one of the cartoonists have appeared in court.

See Episode here:
    http://tvshack.net/tv/South_Park/season_14/episode_5/

Thank god i recorded this. Ima watch it tonight

Comment

Don't upset the Muslims!

...but seriously, me and the Prophet Muhammad go along way back...this would upset him.

Comment

I just watched this a couple hours ago. It's alright. It wasn't even that offensive when you compare this episode to a HIGH number of other episodes.

Looking forward to Part 2 though.

Comment

gotta luv South Park......if the people dont like getten made fun of they shouldnt watch it..hell its a chartoon and its funny..

Comment

best episode I've seen in a while. i think there's a second part.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
              best episode I've seen in a while. i think there's a second part.
              totally agree brilliant episode

Comment

I mean Muhammad has already been depicted in the introduction.

He's one of the persons to the right of the viewer's eye when everyone is standing by the South Park sign.

Comment

the imagination land trilogy was the best.....seen it a million times

Comment

One of the reason's that makes the show so great. They crack on EVERYONE. You don't like it, put a fu.cking tampon in your sandy vag.

Comment

Working...
                    X