Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's only one way I think you can beat mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd on the offensive is terrifying. When he walks people down it's always bad. I think Floyd only loses by KO personally..but hes getting up there in age its just a matter of time it doesnt last forever

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Floyd on the offensive is terrifying.
      And his D is ferocious. He's untouchable. And you're going to get countered the whole time figuring that out.

A guerrero type fighter is just what he wants. Waste all his energy so he can finish him off later or when he sees an opening.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Castillo threw more in the rematch than he did their first fight but had less success
        yes , but floyd had the exeprience with castillo in the rematch then as opposed to when they first fought..

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Floyd is bigger, stronger, came & left his prime, is smarter, and has a different mentality now. Just because someone had success against a young fighter doesnt mean they will still fall for the same things. Its the same with Southpaws. He struggled some early with them but got much better when older.
        does'nt matter..stylewise, it is still the best way to fight floyd..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          does'nt matter..stylewise, it is still the best way to fight floyd..
          True because youre definitely not going to outbox him. Im just saying that it wont be nearly as easy as it was when JLC did that. However, he's also getting to the weight though where he may be fighting guys alot bigger & stronger again

Comment

I don't think Floyd will ever fight a 154 pounder not named Cotto. If the Martinez or Canelo fights were going to happen I think those fights would have happened already. I agree Martinez would beat Mayweather and Mayweather might be thinking the same thing. To be fair Mayweather should not have to fight 154 pounders when he is a 147 pounder. But if he won't fight them he needs to vacate his WBA Jr. middleweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
              Fight him going backwards. Mayweather is only open when he throws. Give him a reason to come forward by giving him openings on purpose, and catch him. Keeping the pace no matter what and constantly keep setting him up.

I think Martinez could beat mayweather if he fights him at 154. Martinez is a tough one. He's got heart like Margarito, conditioning like mayweather, with the athleticism of a soccer player and killer instinct like pacquiao, with more power and intelligence. He practically chopped down Paul williams I mean damn.. and look what he did to Chavez's cheating cruiserweight ass. He's barely even a middleweight

This is the fight that needs to be on Showtime.
              Dumbest idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                And his D is ferocious. He's untouchable. And you're going to get countered the whole time figuring that out.

A guerrero type fighter is just what he wants. Waste all his energy so he can finish him off later or when he sees an opening.
                Yep. With slow feet and slow hands. Turkey shoot for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I don't think Floyd will ever fight a 154 pounder not named Cotto. If the Martinez or Canelo fights were going to happen I think those fights would have happened already. I agree Martinez would beat Mayweather and Mayweather might be thinking the same thing. To be fair Mayweather should not have to fight 154 pounders when he is a 147 pounder. But if he won't fight them he needs to vacate his WBA Jr. middleweight title.
                  nah, I think the Canelo fight wouldve already happened but I think Floyd felt that he wouldnt have gotten full credit for it. I still think that one happens. Sergio is doubtful. The only way I see the Sergio fght happening is if Trout beats Canelo, Floyd then fights Trout who would be a great pre fight towards Sergio. Another big 154 Southpaw with quick hands, good skills, and movements

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Oscar de La Hoya? He was bigger than Cotto too

Comment

It takes a really good fighter to beat Mayweather. The only fighter I think that could have beat him was Pacquiao in this era. There are other fighters of the past that might have beat him too, but not many. Now that Mayweather is getting old, he might get beat by a hungry young fighter before he retires. Notice how he's made Broner his friend and says we should never fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X