No announcement yet.

Drink Energy Drink before fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink Energy Drink before fight?

What if you drank an energy drink before a fight? Would it improve your stamina?

[QUOTE=VG_Addict;12485698]What if you drank an energy drink before a fight? Would it improve your stamina?those energy drinks have actually no nutritional at all the FDA or whatever checks the products do not check these energy drinks or pills to see if they have any of what it says on the bottle. The companies are actually allowed to put anything on the labels even if it is not true.

Comment

Right before the fight is not a good idea. Maybe 1-2 hours before. Not sure though...

Comment

No way, caffeine does give you a burst of energy but it's only that, a burst. Like all drugs that give you a rush, there needs to be a down period. You could actually hurt your stamina because once you come down, you won't feel the same high.

It's better to eat some good carbs about 2 hours before fight time and make sure you are very well hydrated.

There's no short cuts fellas.

Comment

energy drinks are a con

Comment

Not unless you want to piss your pants during it.

Energy drinks are indeed a con, a con bought into by the 21st century mis-informed consumer. Drink one cup of strong, plain and unflavoured, black coffee in the morning before you hit your cardio or whatever you prioritise at that time of the morning.

You'll find it delivers an abundance of energy and deepens your reserves. The key is to drink coffee only in this instance and not consume it as a beverage throughout your day - this will only weaken the effects of caffeine on your body.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              No way, caffeine does give you a burst of energy but it's only that, a burst. Like all drugs that give you a rush, there needs to be a down period. You could actually hurt your stamina because once you come down, you won't feel the same high.

It's better to eat some good carbs about 2 hours before fight time and make sure you are very well hydrated.

There's no short cuts fellas.
              I overheard a fighter at my gym say that he drank redbull bf a fight then crashed after 3 rounds.

Not a good idea.

Comment

stay away from energy drinks mate, they cause ****es in blood sugar levels. also stay away from any crappy carbs, malto, dextros, fructose etc

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I overheard a fighter at my gym say that he drank redbull bf a fight then crashed after 3 rounds.

Not a good idea.
                  Yes sir, it makes no sense and I would never let one of my fighters do something like that.

A great meal about 3 to 2 1/2 hours before a fight is a peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich. Or banana and honey sandwich, lot's of carbs, sugars but that can be easily broken down by the body for energy.

Keeping hydrated is essential too, nothing makes you more tired than not being hydrated.

Comment

But drinks like Lucozade sport and those kind are ok?

Comment

Working...
                    X