Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before we down play 'rematch wins and avenging defeats'

Ask yourselves this:

Instant rematches ok?

Forrest couldn't take care of Mayorga... who upsetted him.

Wladimir would have found it very very tough to win a rematch against Sanders.

Vitali never re matched Byrd.

Taylor lost the rematch to Pavlik (although that wasn't really a upset in the first place)

Paul Williams got knocked out in the rematch against Martinez.

Avenging your defeats in a rematch deserves a lot of credit.
    It would have been even better not to lose in the first place.

but we are talking about the heavyweights people. Chin Resistance goes down as weight goes up. one punch changes all at hw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      Lewis was knocked the fuk out by Rahman.
      He got him back with one of the most sensational pay back knock outs of all times.

But he was knocked out.

Couple of points to ponder:

IF THERE IS A VERY DEFINITION OF A LUCKY PUNCH.

Lewis-Rahman I was it.

Lewis won 3 of 4 rounds leading into round 5, he was up on the score cards. He was lazy but winning the fight due to jabs alone.. He was getting ready to go into 'Gear 2' (Remember he have 4 gears)
      But he got hit by a sneak attack punch and he was left doing the Amir Khan.
      All good.

MCCALL-LEWIS I

was bullshyt.

Lewis might have been gone, but Mccall was a nutter. What he would have done is entirely up for debate.

The odds of Mccall just walking around and letting Lennox recover is just as great as the odds of him finishing Lewis off.

The odds of Lewis clinching to survive until he get his legs back is JUST as great as the odds of Lewis getting knocked out.

he wasn't knocked OUT against Mccall. he was floored and the fight was stopped.
      I think Pacman was winning against Marquez but still

Anyhow good point about Lennox Rahman 1. I actually remember HBO having it even after 4 or even Rahman in lead. You have an official score cards?

TBH I think McCall would take him out even if judge didn't stop the fight. Lennox was in bad condition after that knock down. He might have Wlad - Sanders situation and that doesn't look nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Before we down play 'rematch wins and avenging defeats'

Ask yourselves this:

Instant rematches ok?

Forrest couldn't take care of Mayorga... who upsetted him.

Wladimir would have found it very very tough to win a rematch against Sanders.

Vitali never re matched Byrd.

Taylor lost the rematch to Pavlik (although that wasn't really a upset in the first place)

Paul Williams got knocked out in the rematch against Martinez.

Avenging your defeats in a rematch deserves a lot of credit.
        It would have been even better not to lose in the first place.

but we are talking about the heavyweights people. Chin Resistance goes down as weight goes up. one punch changes all at hw.
        It's nice to win over guys who beat you, but I personally don't take too much on Wlad for not rematching Sanders (he didn't have a proper chance to do it), less on Vitali who was like 8:1 in rounds before injured himself.

Recently re-watching some old Wlad's fights I am more confident he would beat Sanders even in immediate rematch. He would be more cautious and he really took the worst possible shot in the first fight. Not just he took the cleanest punch possible but Sanders head was just on the opposite side of Wlad's head when he took that hook. It was like someone punch you up to wall. Ouch!
        Last edited by Simurgh; 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          Do you mean 38 year old part time golfer semi retired Corrie Sanders who gasses after 5 rounds, or another Sanders?

Perhaps you are talking about different Sanders, but I do mean the guy who at 38 should have been retired, not in the ring knocking out someone who has the world title. Which 'REALLY GOOD' Sanders do you mean, someone prime? I wasnt aware that any Klitscho had lost to/beat another guy called Sanders.

Adamek, good LH and cruiser, not a chance against a tall HW. Peter, too fat too slow. Arreola too, but at least he could wallop.
          So you give credit to Arreola but not Sanders? Look at your logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            So you give credit to Arreola but not Sanders? Look at your logic.
            I can see why you'd want to manufacture that belief, but its not true, I havent done that.

SO I am afraid you are still fighting a lost cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              What can I discuss with you when 95% of your posts are on hating Klitschkos.
              no I dont hate on them, I think they are good role models and such but I ONLY give them credit for their good defences and none for their paper defences. Surely thats what anyone should do with any boxer? Or do you think that just because they are your idols, then they should get a free pass? Obviously you do.

Sorry, but everyone gets judged equally here.

Comment

• No.

Vitali did well the first two rounds after that he was in survival mode.

Comment

• Some strange comments on here.

Some things simply aren't up for debate.

Re: Rahmann; the KO of Lewis was only lucky in that Lewis didn't take Rahmann seriously. Lewis was out of shape (the worst he ever looked if I'm honest) and blowing hard. He hung his chin out and Rahmann, highly motivated and in the best shape of his career, took what will be one of the easier knockout shots of his career. There was nothing lucky in the punch itself. Lewis set himself up to fail by failing to prepare. He showed this in the rematch, which showed the true disparity between the fighters when both in fighting shape.

Re: Vitali; one of the best heavyweight contests since Tyson Holyfield 1. When the fight was stopped, Vitali looked done. He'd head hunted, failed to knock Lewis out, and was running on empty. His face was in pieces, the result of a sustained and targeted attack on the early cut by Lewis. Only Lewis had really thrown body shots, and only Lewis had conserved energy from the early rounds. Vitali had unloaded and come up short - just. Given how Vitali obliterated all other opponents until he became an older fighter, this showed just how tough and effective Lewis was with his back against the wall.

The only other time Vitali would look so ragged would be in a fast paced fight against Chisora nearly 13 years later, with a badly damaged shoulder reducing his capacity to keep Chisora at distance - Chisora primarily working the body.

You can say what you like about Lewis, but he fought and beat everybody of note in his career with only a couple of asterisks (Tyson coming a bit late took the sheen off that win). There's very few fighters in history that can boast as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    I can see why you'd want to manufacture that belief, but its not true, I havent done that.

SO I am afraid you are still fighting a lost cause.
                    I didn't make anything up.

Comment

• don't take pride in Vitali being up a round and losing to that version of Lennox. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X