No announcement yet.

Matthew Macklin vs Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Macklin vs Dmitry Pirog

I think if Macklin wins his next fight this could be a real good scrap.

VS

Who comes out on top?
    Macklin
    14.29%
    Pirog
    85.71%

I think Macklin could hold his own.

Pirog might be getting a little overrated after beating the overrated Jacobs.

Comment

Macklin is a good fighter but he takes too much punishment making his way inside.

Pirog is a VERY crisp puncher. His jab is excellent, his footwork is superb, and he can cut off the ring like he's been a 10 year professional (reminds me of Cotto, who I believe maneuvers around the ring very well and is one of his strongest assets).

However Pirog drops his right very low before he comes inside and this will be easy for a good fighter to time. He almost never has is left up and is very vulnerable to take right hands to the face from a good fighter.

It would be a good "scrap" but I think Pirog keeps him at bay with his superior crisp jab and superior footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        Macklin is a good fighter but he takes too much punishment making his way inside.

Pirog is a VERY crisp puncher. His jab is excellent, his footwork is superb, and he can cut off the ring like he's been a 10 year professional (reminds me of Cotto, who I believe maneuvers around the ring very well and is one of his strongest assets).

However Pirog drops his right very low before he comes inside and this will be easy for a good fighter to time. He almost never has is left up and is very vulnerable to take right hands to the face from a good fighter.

It would be a good "scrap" but I think Pirog keeps him at bay with his superior crisp jab and superior footwork.
        Very good breakdown of the fight.

I agree on all points.

Winner of this fight gets Martinez.

Comment

My vote is more out of hope for Macklin winning but he is capable of beating him. It would be a very interesting fight that I'd want to see as well but the points raised above is probably the story of the fight. Never know though, it is boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
            My vote is more out of hope for Macklin winning but he is capable of beating him. It would be a very interesting fight that I'd want to see as well but the points raised above is probably the story of the fight. Never know though, it is boxing.
            Macklin is very strong but he is lacking in speed... Mix that with how much punishment he takes it will be hard for him to compete at a world elite level.... Even if he does win by the time he does get to a mega fight he will be like Ricky Hatton - too damaged to be competitive.

Comment

Opinion on this fight might be a bit different after the Sturm robbery.

I guess it depends on whether you think Pirog is better than Sturm.

Comment

I think Pirog is all wrong for Macklin. Pirog is a very talented boxer not a Fraud like Felix Sturm that ducks the top fighters.

Comment

I think Macklin is a biitch. Whining about wanting a rematch with Sturm and when presented with a much better offer than the one he got last time, he simply doesnt reply and allegedly pursues a fight with Martinez instead.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread TS. I just needed a little vent.

Comment

Pirog is too slick for Macklin. If Macklin had faster handspeed and foot speed, he could possibly take advantage of Pirog's flaws.

I got Pirog, but its a decent scrap. doesn't prepare Pirog for Sergio in any way shape or form.

Comment

Working...
                    X