Is "Sugar" Shane Mosley a Superstar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "Sugar" Shane Mosley a Superstar?

The Facts:

-He has headlined two PPVs each with DLH and Vargas. He has never been the one to carry his own PPV without a top dance partner.

-Both of his fights with Forrest were on regular HBO and this was at the time when Mosley was #1 P4P. Both of his fights with Winky were also on regular HBO. Don't these seem like they should have been on PPV if Mosley is really a superstar?

-He was on the undercard of the ESPN PPV with Margarito-Cintron as the headliner. What kind of superstar would be on the undercard of any PPV card, let alone one with Margarito headlining? This PPV did under 100k buys.

-He is now serving as a sparring partner to DLH. Since when do former #1 P4P fighters, multi-division world champions, and future Hall of Famers serve as sparring partners?
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    13.46%
    He was before, but not anymore
    11.54%
    Last edited by !! $iN; 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM.

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    The Facts:

-He has headlined two PPVs each withth DLH and Vargas. He has never been the one to carry his own PPV without a top dance partner.

-Both of his fights with Forrest were on regular HBO and this was at the time when Mosley was #1 P4P. Both of his fights with Winky were also on regular HBO. Don't these seem like they should have been on PPV if Mosley is really a superstar?

-He was on the undercard of the ESPN PPV with Margarito-Cintron as the headliner. What kind of superstar would be on the undercard of any PPV card, let alone one with Margarito headlining? This PPV did under 100k buys.

-He is now serving as a sparring partner to DLH. Since when do former #1 P4P fighters, multi-division world champions, and future Hall of Famers serve as sparring partners?
    I dont agree with that last point.

But NO, Mosley is not a superstar. He's just normal guy and nobody is gonna pay to see that. no offense. He can draw a big crowd and solid PPV buys, but he needs another guy to help.

A SUPERSTAR is someone who puts butts in seats, as Larry Merchant said, and Judging by Mosleys last fight... he doesnt put the butts in the seats

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      I dont agree with that last point.
      Which superstar has served as a sparring partner?

Comment

I like Mosley i dont think his a superstar but his on the border line..
        His recent wins is making his stock rise once again and fair play to him.
        His a good guy by the sound of things and what his doing for Oscar and not getting paid shows his character as a good person..

Comment

that last point doesnt count cause mosley beat dlh twice

Comment

he's doing it as a friendly favor from one business partner/friend to the next.

He isnt even getting paid

Comment

Mosley VS Wright Was PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                Mosley VS Wright Was PPV.
                No it wasn't. Not in America at least...

Comment

Yes he's a legitimate, proven, superstar fighter in my opinion.

He's been through ups and downs, and now there's been a resurgence in his career and people are remembering how dominant he was at lightweight and how his facets (fast hands, power, work ethic) influence boxing.

Hands down he's a superstar in my book. Top ten P4P EASILY.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    Yes he's a legitimate, proven, superstar fighter in my opinion.

He's been through ups and downs, and now there's been a resurgence in his career and people are remembering how dominant he was at lightweight and how his facets (fast hands, power, work ethic) influence boxing.

Hands down he's a superstar in my book. Top ten P4P EASILY.
                    Absolutely correct, I couldn't have said it better...

Comment

Working...
                    X