Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril Willing To Face Brandon Rios at 140, After Bogere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no need to chase that fight. That ship has already sailed. He already beat Rios convincingly and was properly rewarded with a shot at the world title for his performance. Play it like Pac did Bradley. Don't even acknowledge the ****.

All he needs to do is defeat Bogere (which will not be an easy task by any means), win the world title and look for bigger and better things at 135.

Comment

Rios got rape stop getting butt hurt about it. He put on a clinic if you don't want to call a schooling. If you couldn't see that, you a deep butt hurt fan boy living in a dark corner.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        I don't know why refs allow all that holding,clinching is one thing but this guy wasn't boxing,he was hugging him as if rios was his girl
        Some fans are just obsessed with hating. They no longer watch boxing without their silly, hate agendas. I was not a fan of Rios and Abril, for example, so I didn't have a dog in the fight. But this guy Abril was so terrified of getting hit that he can't fight without holding. It's terrible. How tf do you suppose to appreciate this sport with these type of boxers?

Comment

[QUOTE=KRAFTSMAN;12913827]Some fans are just obsessed with hating. They no longer watch boxing without their silly, hate agendas. I was not a fan of Rios and Abril, for example, so I didn't have a dog in the fight. But this guy Abril was so terrified of getting hit that he can't fight without holding. It's terrible. How tf do you suppose to appreciate this sport with these type of boxers?scboo
          Couldn't agree with you more, plus Abril has a fight style that is not tv friendly.

Comment

What abril did shouldnt even be considered as boxing or fighting

Comment

Abril schooled Rios hard. It was a clinic on controlling and countering a one-dimensional fighter that only knows how to plod forward, face first and throw hooks.

I didn't see holding, but I did see a perfectly placed shoulder in Rios' way every time he tried to bull rush Abril.

We'll never see a rematch. Rios would get properly exposed every single time regardless of weight and Abril would get robbed by the judges every single time.

Oh all of these are just so sweet:

[IMG]http://*********.com/Boxing/cozzone_Rios_Abril0324.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Rios beats him, Dude aint do nothing in the first fight. except hug him all night you call that schooling then you just a dumb shit boxing fan. HE made rios look dumb and all ASWELL as himself but he didnt school him LOL>
                I suggest you take your fanboy glasses off and rewatch the fight. Then acknowledge how both of them did their share of hugging.
                Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Always making it racial bro, your sad.
                Take it how you want it my dude. What am I supposed to call the fanbase who says all the stuff about the first fight? Rios' fanboys?
                Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                The same treatment? The treatment being abril going ultra-defensive and shelling up?
                It's obvious all you like is brawling, that's not what the SWEET SCIENCE is about son.

There's slickness and then there's running. That's the difference between Abril and Vazquez.
                Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-13-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I see a lot of posters on here would rather watch a bar fight than boxing.

Comment

Rios is a Warrior and one of the top exciting fighters in the sport but lets be realistic - Abril took him to school. Now here Abril is fighting another unbeaten contender. Not to mention other unbeaten contenders and prospects he has fought. Give him his props. Lets see if he puts Bogere back into his cage.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      It's obvious all you like is brawling, that's not what the SWEET SCIENCE is about son.

There's slickness and then there's running. That's the difference between Abril and Vazquez.

Nah, I appreciate boxers too. Boxers that engage and are willing to exchange. Abril is just way too defensive. By the way I have abril with the win over rios, but lets face it he is a horrible fighter to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X