No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Not Afraid To Retire, But I Want To Be Number One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I really think this fight will happen. Bonte is no idiot and understands that this fight generate a big purse for Vitali. Haye has already agreed on the contract, CHEF has noted that they are awaiting on Vitali's decision later this month that he will fight on (likely Haye or unknown opponent in Ukraine) or he will simply retire and follow on as a politician.

Reasons this fight will be great for boxing:

• The initial fight will be huge and garner interest to the division.
      • If this fight takes place in UK, Wembley could be sold out 90,000 fans. Possibly a Ukraine stadium will be packed out.
      • Possibly if Haye defeats Vitali it can set up a unification fight with Wladimir which would be a even bigger fight.

Comment

The bottom line is I'd rather see Vitali fight Haye than fighters like Charr, Thompson and Mormeck.

K2 fans slate Haye and call him a bum but it's only because they are know Haye has it in his locker to beat either of them on his day, they are worried. You can't call Haye a bum and seriously be happy that the KBros take on the kind of fighters I mentioned above?

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
          The bottom line is I'd rather see Vitali fight Haye than fighters like Charr, Thompson and Mormeck.

K2 fans slate Haye and call him a bum but it's only because they are know Haye has it in his locker to beat either of them on his day, they are worried. You can't call Haye a bum and seriously be happy that the KBros take on the kind of fighters I mentioned above?
          No, not at all. Haye can't beat Wlad - no way. It can be only worse for him would they ever meet again. Wlad would likely KO him.

As for Vitali Haye has a decent chance - mostly because of his speed. But it won't be some convincing win but something similar to Valuev fight. But I still give an edge to Vitali.

I am not worried at all, I just don't see the purpose of fighting the fighter who doesn't have specially good HW resume and who doesn't want to fight anymore. Better option is to beat next HW champion than David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
            I really think this fight will happen. Bonte is no idiot and understands that this fight generate a big purse for Vitali. Haye has already agreed on the contract, CHEF has noted that they are awaiting on Vitali's decision later this month that he will fight on (likely Haye or unknown opponent in Ukraine) or he will simply retire and follow on as a politician.

Reasons this fight will be great for boxing:

• The initial fight will be huge and garner interest to the division.
            • If this fight takes place in UK, Wembley could be sold out 90,000 fans. Possibly a Ukraine stadium will be packed out.
            • Possibly if Haye defeats Vitali it can set up a unification fight with Wladimir which would be a even bigger fight.

Haye is not as stupid as he looks, he's a good businessman too.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              No, not at all. Haye can't beat Wlad - no way. It can be only worse for him would they ever meet again. Wlad would likely KO him.
              I agree. The only person who I would be nervous watching Wladimir in the ring with is David Price.

Comment

Working...
              X