No announcement yet.

Boxing is dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is dead

Mainstream, I don't know anyone among my casual fan mates who can name 5 top fighters.

The game is dead, only a handfull can draw attention to the sport now; Mayweather, Pac, the Klits, and Haye (Klits and Haye are a package deal, worthless without eachother).

Don't get me wrong, I know there is entertainment and talent in boxing, hell I even follow the career of Moisés Fuentes, but the promotion and exposure is now almost zero worldwide.

In boxing now, you're either a superstar, or a non entity, its a shame.

Until all boxing falls under one umbrella the same way the UFC controls mixed martial arts it has no chance.

There is no excuse for shit like "tune up fights", the whole idea of that is preposterous (use a dictionary for that one Yanks). How can anyone justify a "tune-up"? The best should fight the best everytime.

The way to save boxing is to have some cunt with a load of dough create an organisation, all fighters under contract, and you either fight the best, or fuck off.

In other words, to save the sport I love, copy the UFC business model, or die a slow lingering death.

uhh.. usa isnt be all and end all ******

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
      Mainstream, I don't know anyone among my casual fan mates who can name 5 top fighters.

The game is dead, only a handfull can draw attention to the sport now; Mayweather, Pac, the Klits, and Haye (Klits and Haye are a package deal, worthless without eachother).

Don't get me wrong, I know there is entertainment and talent in boxing, hell I even follow the career of Moisés Fuentes, but the promotion and exposure is now almost zero worldwide.

Until all boxing falls under one umbrella the same way the UFC controls mixed martial arts it has no chance.

There is no excuse for shit like "tune up fights", the whole idea of that is preposterous (use a dictionary for that one Yanks). How can anyone justify a "tune-up"? The best should fight the best everytime.

The way to save boxing is to have some cunt with a load of dough create an organisation, all fighters under contract, and you either fight the best, or fuck off.

In other words, to save the sport I love, copy the UFC business model, or die a slow lingering death.
      UFC buisness model is trash. and will die like the WWF did. Basically that what they are following.

If you follow a buisness model follow one that will grow and keep generating not one that has a peak and crash.

Comment

Whats the point of posting this generic done before thread?......

What Major UFC bout does bigger ratings then Major boxing matches?

UFC on Fox 4 had a 1.1 rating....Adrian Broner's last fight was 2.9.

Imitating the UFC would be a step backwards lol

Comment

Theres a difference between dead and not as good as it used to be.

Boxing is not as big as it was in the 80's and 90's, but it's not dead.

Comment

Many people consider it dead because it takes years and years to see the fights fans want to see. Boxers nowadays want to follow Mayweahter's footsteps -- retire early, vacation, fight once, vacation, duck fights...

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
              UFC buisness model is trash. and will die like the WWF did. Basically that what they are following.

If you follow a buisness model follow one that will grow and keep generating not one that has a peak and crash.
              How long does it have to be here for until you accept it?

MMA/UFC is here to stay, don't be a dinosaur.

Comment

Y

*looking at the TS' avy, does not take him seriously *

Comment

How long does it have to be here for until you accept it?

MMA/UFC is here to stay, don't be a dinosaur.
                  when did I say it going anywhere? wwe went no where as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    *looking at the TS' avy, does not take him seriously *
                    but he loves MMA so he just being real with it!

Comment

Working...
                    X