This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
    i this world belief is all I have a choose to believe in God.. i chose to believe in alot of things such as love and other things and they never work out but the belief in an eternal life and a Just creator makes everything worthwhile

That's because it puts you in a vicarious state of comfort. Why do you believe? Aside from your belief, what makes you think the Biblical God is real? Please don't regurgitate scripture, because it destroys your credibility. In your OWN words.

Comment

Yes, use the scriptures because they are the only credible thing you CAN use. The devil hates the scriptures but use them anyway. They are CREDIBLE and the scriptures are even OVERWHELMING proof that God is love and that God is real. The scriptures are the truth, there is overwheming proof of that. Don't let someone tell you that the scriptures aren't credible, because that is a lie of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
        Yes, use the scriptures because they are the only credible thing you CAN use. The devil hates the scriptures but use them anyway. They are CREDIBLE and the scriptures are even OVERWHELMING proof that God is love and that God is real. The scriptures are the truth, there is overwheming proof of that. Don't let someone tell you that the scriptures aren't credible, because that is a lie of the devil.
        They are no more or less credible than the Illiad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
          That's because it puts you in a vicarious state of comfort. Why do you believe? Aside from your belief, what makes you think the Biblical God is real? Please don't regurgitate scripture, because it destroys your credibility. In your OWN words.
          I'd rather die believing in eternal life and Jesus Christ than to be wrong and living with the fact that i was born with no purpose and I came about because circumstances on earth support life, and the only reason I exist is by pure chance, Doesn't that make you want to ****ing kill yourself? That knowing what you do in your life time is pure bull**** breath, thinking, the ability to ****ing love is bull****... My question to you is if we are just existing by pure chance what makes you tick? what makes you give a **** if your alive? because its pointless.

Comment

I'd rather die believing in eternal life and Jesus Christ than to be wrong and living with the fact that i was born with no purpose and I came about because circumstances on earth support life, and the only reason I exist is by pure chance, Doesn't that make you want to ****ing kill yourself? That knowing what you do in your life time is pure bull**** breath, thinking, the ability to ****ing love is bull****... My question to you is if we are just existing by pure chance what makes you tick? what makes you give a **** if your alive? because its pointless.
            So your saying that you need ancient scriptures and divine beliefs to stop you from contemplating suicide? If I were in that position I'd seek a doctor before a preist

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
              So your saying that you need ancient scriptures and divine beliefs to stop you from contemplating suicide? If I were in that position I'd seek a doctor before a preist
              I should, right but still wheres your answer the question i asked?

Comment

I should, right but still wheres your answer the question i asked?
                That was not a legit question that was just a display of typical vulnerablities in the human psyche. There are literally thousands of myths and legends to explain the purpose and creation of man, take your pick if they give you comfort. Personally I don't take comfort from dogma. I don't know why I'm here or how but I am gonna make the most of it regardless because I'm not a manic depressive or a down on his luck philosopher.

Comment

Honestly, I hope you were not serious with the question of how we feel about living. Science is amazing get a book and read all about it, reproduction is natural in any living organism.

I'm sorry but the amount of stupidity in that question blew me away. My breath ing is not pointless, because oxygen is what keeps me alive. My life is only meaningful if I choose to make it that way, no untagible figure is going to set my path in life.

Comment

I wonder where heaven is and how it is up there

Comment

ok...there's a couple of dudes here that have thier own concept, and/or veiw of "things". And that's cool, after all, it's what makes us unique from all other creatures. Now, my story to YOU ALL....

I knew a guy, SPC Lamborn, and just like some of you guys, he spoke and felt as you do. That is until.....

My Platoon was pinned down by indirect fire near a Revene and the Latty, in Southeastern Afghanistan (2004). While laying on my back, reloading my primary weapon, SPC Lamborn was about 10ft. from me..."talking" to God...to please help him out, and get him out of there.

This is a true story, and what i'm trying to say is..."EVERYBODY" will go through some life altering event that WILL have them believe there is a supreme being in charge, some just haven't gone throught it "YET". But thier time will come...no one is exempt. As far as the scriptures....Jesus did exsist. Even the Jewish Community will atest to his existence. All historical scriptures, whether written in Hebrew, Chinese, Hindu, Arabic....even the "Koran" acknowledges the existance of Jesus Christ.
                      Last edited by guzi815; 10-31-2007, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X