Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when your opponent is pushing up on you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

khan was trying to use an old lennox lewis tactic, hold you opponents head down with 1 hand and with the other throw an uppercut. He was pushing down on peterson all night. He also tried to put him in a head lock

Comment

Search James Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        there is no pushing in boxing,this aint no rocky movie
        Then what was peterson doing to Khan most of the fight

Apparently pushing os allowed, but pushing off isnt

Comment

What I dont understand is lamont was pushing khan into the ropes but the ref had no issue with that but when khan wanted to push him off he was shouting in khan's ear?!? No wonder khan suffered a perforated eardrum.

Comment

Peterson was allowed to push Khan all over the ring.

Khan wasn't allowed to push back.

****ty ref. I saw how bad that ref was from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
              What I dont understand is lamont was pushing khan into the ropes but the ref had no issue with that but when khan wanted to push him off he was shouting in khan's ear?!? No wonder khan suffered a perforated eardrum.
              The difference I noticed was Peterson was following khan with his push (sort of like rocky lol) whereas khan was doing that **** you see in a bar at night between to drunks( that get away from me push) lol.
              Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 12-11-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                there is no pushing in boxing,this aint no rocky movie
                Your favorite fighter pushes off all fight. With his elbow nonetheless.

Comment

They aren't about to penalize you for being aggressive. Even if Peterson was pushing off, it was with intention, he was usually following it up. Khan was too blatant with it for me. It's like he couldn't think of another way to keep Peterson away so he would shove him, and a lot of times he wouldn't even follow up with anything.

Comment

As the first couple posts have said, Khan needs to have an inside game. He should have been throwing body punches of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
                      Your favorite fighter pushes off all fight. With his elbow nonetheless.
                      thats the thing. floyd does push off, just to create space. what khan was doing was shoving. shoving to get away. its not really the same thing. khan was much more blatant and it wasnt a legit defensive tactic imo. but floyd has gotten in trouble for using the elbow to push off in the past so thats pretty moot.

Comment

Working...
                      X