No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Molina on Facing Matthysse Instead of Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Molina on Facing Matthysse Instead of Broner

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to junior welterweight contender John Molina Jr. about his upcoming fight against former champion Lucas Matthysse at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. The fight takes place on April 26th and will be broadcast by Showtime.

Just a few weeks ago it appeared that Molina would be facing former three-division champion Adrien Broner but Broner's team decided to go in another direction and face Carlos Molina instead. Molina said he would have been happy facing either fighter but feels that a fight against Matthysse can't help but produce fireworks. [Click Here To Read More]

when was the last time lucas fought a come forward brawler?

molina has serious power, don't be totally shocked if lucas gets dropped in this fight

this is a new style matchup we haven't seen lucas against, at least not in a long time

and don't say humberto soto, he didn't fight the entire fight coming forward, he tried to box in spots and lucas had him back pedalling the last few rds before the KO

Comment

I have sympathy for Matthysse. I want him to win, but I have a bad feeling about this fight. Do you remember Matthysse vs Harris? Vivian Harris closed Matthysse's right eye easily in a few rounds. And García did it again recently. Any strong puncher may repeat the trick. John Molina is a limited fighter, but he is a hard-hitter. Matthysse isn't the same fighter when he has a swelling on his right eye. He gets concerned, even a little scared, and stops using his right hand because he has to cover his eye to prevent further damage.

Comment

They have a money earner in Mathysse and they are feeding him Molina. No disrespect to Molina but he's tailor made for Mathysse.

I see a very fast KO and Mathysse is back on the map.

Comment

Are you guys kidding me? Matts is going to love this. He's not going to have to look for this guy if he's a come forward brawler.

Matts by decapitation in within 3

Comment

Few people remember what Matthysse said after his fight with Soto. He admitted that Soto was a hard-hitter and that he had felt his punches (check the post-fight interview if you speak Spanish). Matthysse's chin is reasonably good, but is far from perfect.

Comment

i think it will be like the soto fight, besides isn't molina coming up from lightweight? i think matthysse will be too much.

i do remember lucas saying that humberto was the hardest puncher he faced so far but in the fight i don't remember seeing him wobble or something close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                i think it will be like the soto fight, besides isn't molina coming up from lightweight? i think matthysse will be too much.

i do remember lucas saying that humberto was the hardest puncher he faced so far but in the fight i don't remember seeing him wobble or something close to that.
                Soto is much more skilled than Molina. I like Molina's heart but he's not a very good boxer. I think Mathysse walks him down and KO's him. He's just made to order for Mathysse.

Comment

really, u're hyping John FUCKING molina!??

Comment

JM is not exactly a tactician or anything. LM has this one covered... people are sorely mistaken if they think he is a come forward brawler. LM gets on his toes some, and knows how to box. I think he throws hard early, gets his respect, or he has trouble with real stamina (Judah & Garcia). JM is dangerous anywhere in the fight, but he is not going to strike gold late with Lucas. You have to win rounds, and that is just not something JM can do against Lucas. period

Comment

Working...
                    X