Pacquiao-Marquez 4 in Mexico: Boxing Event of 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
    This fight isn't happening in Mexico.

Only an idiot would believe a Pac vs Marquez fight goes down there.
    it should be if you just want to make a mass fortune, mexico is the top boxing country as fanwise and mexico city is one of the biggest cities in the world, azteca stadium will make anything in the u s of a look small, problem is marquez is from mexico city so it will be a all pro marquez atmosphere

Comment

Who ever told you that lie deserves some green k for fooling the shit out of you!

Comment

1st fight Pac was competitive, 2nd fight Pac got outboxed, 3rd fight Pac got embarrassed, 4rth fight Pac gets knocked out.

Comment

It would be good if they fight for their FINAL FIGHT and lay it to rest...though it sounds good initially for Pacquiao to fight Marquez in Mexico, it could be a hostile environment. How about a neutral place....

• Maybe in London, England
          • Maybe in New Jersey? LOL
          • Maybe in Zaire (like Ali-Foreman)
          • Thrilla in Manila is out of the question due to neutrality. But they could have fought one in Manila (previously) and then in Mexico City (for the 4th). TOO LATE.

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
            This fight isn't happening in Mexico.

Only an idiot would believe a Pac vs Marquez fight goes down there.
            TR has to separate themselves a bit from the "corruption" thing. Vegas probably isn't a good look for that fight right now if it happens.

It would sell in Texas but boxing fans are already skeptical of the commission there. Obviously Mexico isn't neutral ground but I think there or LA would be the only places where the public would perceive that 1) JMM can get a fair shake and 2) a win for Manny wouldn't immediately be under suspicion if it's another close fight...

I would love to see it in Mexico just as a throw back the the atmosphere of JCC Jr/Haugen or something like that but it's not quite neutral ground lol. It would be a fkkn spectacle, but PPV's here in the US might hurt, etc so I kind of agree with you there.

I think having it in LA would obviously sellout, have a split crowd with slight majority JMM support, mixed in with real deal boxing fans...good commission imo, built-in media market to help promotion, same amount of celebs, boxing town, etc. might creative SOME positive feelings about the fight in such a toxic atmosphere around these proposed rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              TR has to separate themselves a bit from the "corruption" thing. Vegas probably isn't a good look for that fight right now if it happens.

It would sell in Texas but boxing fans are already skeptical of the commission there. Obviously Mexico isn't neutral ground but I think there or LA would be the only places where the public would perceive that 1) JMM can get a fair shake and 2) a win for Manny wouldn't immediately be under suspicion if it's another close fight...

I would love to see it in Mexico just as a throw back the the atmosphere of JCC Jr/Haugen or something like that but it's not quite neutral ground lol. It would be a fkkn spectacle, but PPV's here in the US might hurt, etc so I kind of agree with you there.

I think having it in LA would obviously sellout, have a split crowd with slight majority JMM support, mixed in with real deal boxing fans...good commission imo, built-in media market to help promotion, same amount of celebs, boxing town, etc. might creative SOME positive feelings about the fight in such a toxic atmosphere around these proposed rematch.
              la is practically mexicans everywhere, lol, it doesnt make a difference if in texas, mexico df , los angeles, lol, those 3 sites will over outnumber pacs fan base mainly because those 3 sites are extremely full of mexicans,

Comment

Working...
              X