Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you not root for Cotto at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yessir, you don't have to be from PR to respect Cotto...he's been reminding me of Tommy Hearns lately; a warrior, face-bloodied and swinging, but keeps coming up short in the big name fights. HOF? Not at this point, and even a win against Foreman doesn't put him much closer. ATG nope, fan favorite yes.

Comment

cotto has grown on me as well, I wasn't a fan at first, all my friends were hyping him up back in the day, just like they did tito, and me always being a hopkins fan i was like, we'll have to wait and see what cotto is made of before i sign on as a fan. well, i have to say, i think after the torres fight i became a real cotto fan, although i always enjoyed all his fights leading up to the torres fight, dude is a beast and is a assest to the sport of boxing. he's great for the sport and so far is good for the image of boxing, he's a true warrior and a class act through and through.

with that being said, i'm now having a hard time rooting for cotto because of manny stweard. i like manny steward, but i think his training isnt suited for cotto. i seems that stewards training is only for guys 6'4" and above, with a pole jab. other than that, he's guys lately have been getting exposed, his up and coming guys. although cotto has a great jab, and has power with it, i think that stewards training and his strategy needs to be improved to where it has been well read and everyone knows what to expect.

i tihnk cotto should've signed up with someone else..........

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post

with that being said, i'm now having a hard time rooting for cotto because of manny stweard. i like manny steward, but i think his training isnt suited for cotto. i seems that stewards training is only for guys 6'4" and above, with a pole jab. other than that, he's guys lately have been getting exposed, his up and coming guys. although cotto has a great jab, and has power with it, i think that stewards training and his strategy needs to be improved to where it has been well read and everyone knows what to expect.

i tihnk cotto should've signed up with someone else..........
        i don't think the height factor will have anything to do with any succes or lack of. i mean, look at what he made hearns, than look at cintron. its all about the jab, and he's got a good one.

Comment

Big Cotto fan. And, without him, I never would have heard Jim Lampley say "a graphic display of honest manlove" on television. I don't think I've recovered from the injuries sustained during that laughing fit.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
            Big Cotto fan. And, without him, I never would have heard Jim Lampley say "a graphic display of honest manlove" on television. I don't think I've recovered from the injuries sustained during that laughing fit.
            Man that was one crazy moment i remember that i was laughing my ass off

Comment

Always was and always will be a huge fan of Cotto.

He just has so much heart. He gets in the ring with the best and never has an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen9182 View Post
                Always was and always will be a huge fan of Cotto.

He just has so much heart. He gets in the ring with the best and never has an excuse.
                he fights everyone as a fan i love that

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Hes a hall of famer though.
                  thats a maybe...

him beating foreman and claiming a belt in a 3rd division will tie him with Puerto Rico's most though (Tito Trinidad)...

that'll help him get that hall of fame vote for sure...

oh and it's controversial, but the WBO president did say pacquiao was the number 1 contender for the belt so cotto did have to put the title on the line...(which is why he said something like "i can only fight for this title at a catchweight of 145 lbs. and if i have to fight for my title at a catchweight of 143lbs, then i'm giving it up"...

so he did want that weight and we cant hate on pac for that either....i mean, sugar ray leonard got his light heavyweight belt at a catch weight of 168 lbs, compared to the usual of 175lbs., so give pac his dues, he's ATG and cotto has no shame for losing to pacmeng

Comment

You take on two cheaters; you get my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
                      thats a maybe...

him beating foreman and claiming a belt in a 3rd division will tie him with Puerto Rico's most though (Tito Trinidad)...

that'll help him get that hall of fame vote for sure...

oh and it's controversial, but the WBO president did say pacquiao was the number 1 contender for the belt so cotto did have to put the title on the line...(which is why he said something like "i can only fight for this title at a catchweight of 145 lbs. and if i have to fight for my title at a catchweight of 143lbs, then i'm giving it up"...

so he did want that weight and we cant hate on pac for that either....i mean, sugar ray leonard got his light heavyweight belt at a catch weight of 168 lbs, compared to the usual of 175lbs., so give pac his dues, he's ATG and cotto has no shame for losing to pacmeng
                      in regards to that hall of fame status though?

that's why im rooting for cotto big time in this fight and i'm really excited that he got steward in there....

and you definitely right when saying "it's hard NOT to root for cotto"...

dude is a come forward, all action type of fighter....isnt all brawl and has tons of boxing skills...

FEARLESS - COTTO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X