No announcement yet.

Why does boxing work THIS way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does boxing work THIS way?

Calzaghe beats an old but game Hopkins, who has had some credible wins over the last 2 years.. and gets no credit. Why? Because Hopkins is old.

Dawson beats an old, ****TY looking Tarver, who hasn't looked good for YEARS.. and now he's the best thing since 'sliced cheese'?

Let the thread commence..

Well i think it's because Calzaghe didn't beat Hopkins convincingly, and Calzaghe is supposed to be an accomplished fighter. While Dawson is young and Tarver was considered as more of a test for him, and Dawson basically gave a boxing Lesson to Tarver.

Plus, a lot of people don't like Calzaghe for various reasons, founded or not.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

because dawson dominated tarver while calzaghe barely beat hopkins and was knocked down and also because his punches look like slaps... did u see the youtube clip of calzaghe windmilling the air???

Comment

Yeah not to mention that Hopkins humiliated Tarver 2 years earlier. I agree with that the Dawson thing was blown out of perportion.

Comment

The Dawson win was uncontroversial and he looked good, the Calzaghe win was controversial and he looked terrible. Simple as that.

Comment

Let's be honest though. If Dawson fought Hopkins, he'd look terrible too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
              Calzaghe beats an old but game Hopkins, who has had some credible wins over the last 2 years.. and gets no credit. Why? Because Hopkins is old.

Dawson beats an old, ****TY looking Tarver, who hasn't looked good for YEARS.. and now he's the best thing since 'sliced cheese'?

I'm guessing it had something to do with this:

Comment

guess its been covered..hopkins embarrased joe and made him looke bas in his loss

but dawson beat the dog **** outta tarver easily

big differance

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post

That's what i'm sayin...

First of all, everyone knows in boxing it's not how many people you beat, but who you beat as well.

With Calzaghe (even though i'm definatley not a fan) isn't getting as much props as people would want him to because he's a European fighter. If he starts competing in the States on a consistant level, then i'm pretty much sure the "average Joe's" out there will start taking notice to the Welschman

Big Bad Ass Chad Dawson?? If he's as dope as people are making him out to be, then he would have handled Tarver a lot better than he did. Tarver didn't even engage. Dawson should have boxed the hell out of him for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                    Well i think it's because Calzaghe didn't beat Hopkins convincingly
                    Yes he did. It may have been a scrappy, ugly fight (what's new for a Hopkins fight?) but he won more rounds. If anything, Joe was robbed of a UD. Hopkins also clinched 163 times. He couldn't handle the pace.

Dawson lost to Johnson.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                    X