Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas Brushes Off Any Talk of Povetkin vs Klitschko Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Atlas Brushes Off Any Talk of Povetkin vs Klitschko Clash

A new champion was crown on Saturday night in Erfurt, Germany, when Alexander Povetkin (22-0, 15KOs) won a unanimous twelve round decision over Ruslan Chagaev to claim the WBA's vacant "regular" heavyweight title. Wladimir Klitschko is the WBA's "super champion" at heavyweight, and he also holds the IBO/IBF/WBO titles. With the victory Povetkin becomes the WBA's mandatory challenger to Klitschko, but the Russian boxer's trainer, Teddy Atlas, brushed off any and all questions regarding a Klitschko-Povetkin clash in the near future.

[Click Here To Read More]

Noooooo *****

Comment

atlas and potvetkin both ***** he scared to get ktfo potvetkin almost got ktfo tonite

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        atlas and potvetkin both ***** he scared to get ktfo potvetkin almost got ktfo tonite

I don't think Povetkin is scared, but his managers and trainer can see the risks of fighting Wlad. Sasha has improved a lot and I respect him very much, but I still don't see how he can beat Wlad at this point.

Comment

so, they'll just waitin 'em out?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            A new champion was crown on Saturday night in Erfurt, Germany, when Alexander Povetkin (22-0, 15KOs) won a unanimous twelve round decision over Ruslan Chagaev to claim the WBA's vacant "regular" heavyweight title. Wladimir Klitschko is the WBA's "super champion" at heavyweight, and he also holds the IBO/IBF/WBO titles. With the victory Povetkin becomes the WBA's mandatory challenger to Klitschko, but the Russian boxer's trainer, Teddy Atlas, brushed off any and all questions regarding a Klitschko-Povetkin clash in the near future.

[Click Here To Read More]
            i was expecting more improvement in povetkin. and he wasnt listening to teddys instructions. and teddy having to stoop to giving pep talks to the big baby to get him going. and i don't see this sasha having the heart to hold it together against a klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXWELL_ View Post
              i was expecting more improvement in povetkin. and he wasnt listening to teddys instructions. and teddy having to stoop to giving pep talks to the big baby to get him going. and i don't see this sasha having the heart to hold it together against a klitschko.
              The pep talk is standard for Teddy... However, I should point out that they must fire that stupid translator that was really not translating correctly... At some point he even froze... when Teddy said "don't jump on him with the right", the translator just repeated in English "don't jump on him". It seems that they just got a random person to translate for them. Perhaps Sasha should come to the US for a year, train here, and learn the language.

Comment

It was smart on Atlas's part. But this doesn't mean that a potential Povetkin-Klitschko fight is dead. The Klitschko brothers may very well give him an offer that he cannot refuse.

Comment

Povetkin is older than Haye but it seems that Atlas will make him take a step down now and feed Sasha bums for another 2years, yeah let him fight Monte Barret that came up with a win against Tua. I myself would like him to fight Arreola next but he will most likely lose his 0, by a KO if he takes on Chris A.

Comment

Povetikin-Helanous should be next.

Great fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X