Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Google accuses Microsoft Bing of cheating by copying search results

Google accuses Microsoft Bing of cheating by copying search results

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 12:36 PM EST
    "Google has run a sting operation that it says proves Bing has been watching what people search for on Google, the sites they select from Google’s results, then uses that information to improve Bing’s own search listings," Danny Sullivan reports for Search Engine Land. "Bing doesn’t deny this."

"As a result of the apparent monitoring, Bing’s relevancy is potentially improving (or getting worse) on the back of Google’s own work," Sullivan reports. "Google likens it to the digital equivalent of Bing leaning over during an exam and copying off of Google’s test."

Sullivan reports, "Bing doesn’t deny Google’s claim. Indeed, the statement that Stefan Weitz, director of Microsoft’s Bing search engine, emailed me yesterday as I worked on this article seems to confirm the allegation."

Full article http://searchengineland.com/google-b...-results-62914.

MacDailyNews Take: You like being ripped off by an inferior company, Google? Apple doesn't either.
    Last edited by COVID-19; 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM.

Well pretty much the same exact results come up

Comment

This is a good alternative...funny too..http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        "As a result of the apparent monitoring, Bing’s relevancy is potentially improving (or getting worse) on the back of Google’s own work," Sullivan reports. "Google likens it to the digital equivalent of Bing leaning over during an exam and copying off of Google’s test."
        Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
        This is a good alternative...funny too..http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm
        I wouldn't be surprised if scroogle was just another extension of google. Offering a false sense of privacy in order to narrow down the user-bank committing thought crimes.

This shit isn't about revenue from advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if scroogle was just another extension of google. Offering a false sense of privacy in order to narrow down the user-bank committing thought crimes.

Google is built on harvesting data, collecting information and selling it. People will buy into their products without thinking of the consequences.

They have been caught stealing wifi data in many countries and are pursuing governments for more access to information.

Google: Do no evil.

Comment

No, scroogle has nothing to do to with chrome...http://www.book-grab.com/
            Why would they trash themselves...lol.

Btw, i would never use chrome...I use Iron. The only version that you can use "\iron.exe" --enable-cookie-prompt" with. Chrome and every other browser disabled this as far as i know. Using a hosts file with fanboys adblocker and it's still a very fast, nice browser.

Just a few gif's from their home page...

Last edited by jazluvr; 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post

I had to think about this a bit. It's a possiblity, but imo, not a probability. I see your point, but i'd still rather use this than google. If i attempt to intall a chrome add-on to my browser, i usually get a pop-up warning that says google can get access to some info, or some crap like that.

I never experienced that with using scroogle. You're not naive, I'll give ya that.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Comment

so much corruption in big money, it's hard not to get involved in it, i bet. Glad i ain't rich...seriously. I'd probably get in trouble..lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X