Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there ever be an MMA fighter that retires undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be an MMA fighter that retires undefeated?

We've seen it a few times in boxing, most notably with Rocky Marciano retiring at 49-0, Joe Calzaghe retiring with a perfect 46-0 record and Floyd Mayweather currently at 41-0.

So the question is, do you think we'll see at some point a mixed martial arts or MMA fighter retire undefeated? I was thinking maybe Lyoto Machia, but he got his first loss against Shogun or Shane Carwin, but now he has one loss after the Lesnar fight. Usually in boxing, a good, distinguished undefeated career ends between about 40-50 fights. In MMA that number could be 30-40 fights, considering how much physically tougher this sport is and how much more of a toll it takes on fighters than in boxing.

So do you think anyone will ever pull off this feat? And not only with it being physically tougher, but also with how unpredictable MMA can be at times, where not only anyone could get caught with a good, accurate punch, in addition a fighter could get caught with a good kick or a well timed and executed submission. Or has someone already done this that I don't know about or is someone currently undefeated in at least 20 MMA fights?

Rickson Gracie at 10-0??

But maybe eventually, iunno...in this sport it's a lil harder to go undefeated.
    Last edited by Left2theliver; 07-17-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Yeah kind of a short career though, a much longer jiu jitsu career. And I thought Rickson was 11-0.

Comment

No because their is more ways to lose in MMA than in boxing. Boxers can make mistakes and still barely pull out wins. If an MMA fight makes on mistakes it could be over with a submission or KO just like that.

Comment

Rickson if 400 - 0...

Comment

Ray Mercer is an undefeated mixed martial artist

Comment

Come to think of it, Bobby Lashley is 5-0 as well. Good, so I hope one of those guys pulls it off.

Comment

No one will make 40-0 .

Comment

What about 30-0?

Comment

Rickson is 400-0!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X