No announcement yet.

Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet

As some of you may already know, I started Boxing yesterday... the training was very intense and I loved it. However I felt aches on my body this morning (probably because I have just started and still need to get used to it), and I have two questions.

Should I go Boxing again tomorrow (with a good chance I will still be aching which will make things worst)... or recoup and go back Tuesday and keep going once a week until I am fully used to it, in which I could begin going twice a week. It isn't that I have no will power... I know if it hurts then it does you good... but I am wandering if taking it 1 step at a time will be the best option?

Also, as there are quite a few people who go boxing here... and some that probably box professionally, I would like to know what diet I should undertake... as I know that makes a massive difference. Also, would the diet help my body keep up and perform for the training (if that makes sense)?

Any of your comments or advice would be greatly appreciated... thank you in advanced. Green karma to everyone who tries to help.

Anyone...?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
      Anyone...?
      I box/train/spar three days a week (monday, tuesday. thursday) 2 hours each day.

My diet includes a lot of beans (beans are FULL of protein and fiber) chiken (nothing fryed) vegatables, fruits, ALOT OF FLUIDS (a drink a **** load of water every day and a drink hot tea - NO SUGAR- like three times a day; especially after workout you drink hot tea with lemon it calms your body and relaxes your muscles) Fluids are extremely important, sometimes I make myself a nice fruit salad that I'll have for dinner but I grind it up (adding some cransberry or pomegrante juice) and just drink it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingArthur View Post
        I box/train/spar three days a week (monday, tuesday. thursday) 2 hours each day.

My diet includes a lot of beans (beans are FULL of protein and fiber) chiken (nothing fryed) vegatables, fruits, ALOT OF FLUIDS (a drink a **** load of water every day and a drink hot tea - NO SUGAR- like three times a day; especially after workout you drink hot tea with lemon it calms your body and relaxes your muscles) Fluids are extremely important, sometimes I make myself a nice fruit salad that I'll have for dinner but I grind it up (adding some cransberry or pomegrante juice) and just drink it.
        Oh okay, thanks. Could you tell me how much protein and fiber should be in each meal?

Comment

i havent been really sticking to my diet latley like i used to but when i have a fight or training really hard mostly in the summer (hate winter training). i would eat 150 grams of protens since im 5'11 150 pounds they say you should have a gram of protein per pound of body weight. I have 5 meals a day have my carbs early and after 12pm i eat straight up vegatables with fish. In my 5 meals ill have 30 grams of protein per meal and if i cant ill drink EAS protein wich is one scoop with 130 calores 2 net carbs and 23 grams of protein. in two weeks i can get down to 135 using this diet and hardly lose any muscle.

Comment

Hello Spacey,

I would like to help you but you didn't write what is your main goal. Do you want to loss weight or gain weight? Or maybe you wish to remain at current weight-level.

Next question is - how many trainings per week and what are you doing during workouts?

Have you got any pocket-money to buy nutrients (creatine, l-carnitine, hmb, gainers etc)?

Best regards,
            Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by PolishWarrior View Post
              Hello Spacey,

I would like to help you but you didn't write what is your main goal. Do you want to loss weight or gain weight? Or maybe you wish to remain at current weight-level.

Next question is - how many trainings per week and what are you doing during workouts?

Have you got any pocket-money to buy nutrients (creatine, l-carnitine, hmb, gainers etc)?

Best regards,
              Thomas
              Well, my main goal is to get in really good shape, like a boxer... and also maybe fight in the amateurs. I am not considering fighting professionally though due to the age I am and how I have just started yesterday, its not that I aint ambitious it is that I am trying to be realistic... I go college full time doing engineering and I am looking for apprenticeships so you know what I mean.

Well during yesterdays work out, we did a lot of press-up work, running, leg work (such as; lying down and holding our legs 4 inches above the ground for 30 seconds continuously, squatting up and down continuously for something like 30 seconds). Sit ups, all that kind of stuff... there was a lot more but I am unsure what each of them are called so I would have to tell you another time.

I am unsure whether to lose or gain weight... I am 5'3" and weigh about 9 stone, so I don't know whether to lose, gain, or stay at my current weight. The problem I have at the moment is that I haven't done much sporting activity in the past 6 months... so I am struggling with some exorcises, and aching the next day... so I was wandering if there was a diet to go with me practicing these exercises every night which would help me keep up with it and get used to it if you know what I mean.

I don't know whether to go once or twice a week... they are only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and if I am still aching tomorrow I don't see the point in going again until Tuesday because it could just make things worst.

I recently had a Christmas temporary job, so I have saved a good deal of money (around £400-£500), however I don't want to spend most of it because I would rather save it just in case I ever need it (e.g. college supplies, other things that are important). I wouldn't mind spending a little bit of it on nutrients and things though.

So my plan is to keep going once a week, until I am properly used to the training and then I could start going twice a week after a month or so, which would be the idea of gradually building myself up. I would go twice a week if I didn't feel aches and strains on the Thursday before the training... but I don't see the point if I am because wouldn't it be working myself too hard?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
              Last edited by Spacey1991; 01-28-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Dear Spacey!

First of all, one training per week is far not enough. Two trainings per week is also not enough but it's better than one training.

Don't worry about aches, it is normal. Day after my first workout I had terrible aches and I could not even wear my jacket by myself, I could not wash myself under the shower etc I was like a "robot". My coach said "No pain? No gain.". You can train with aches but remember about stretching, warming-up etc.

You are 5''3 and 9 st. So it is like 160cm and 57kg. I am 179cm (5''9) and I want to have 11 stones (69kg). I think you are a little bit too heavy but... ask your coach.

How about the diet? Do not eat any junk food like MC Donalds, KFC, Pizza etc. No take-aways. No alcohol, no drugs. No coca-cola, no gassed water. Eat at least 3 meal per day. Don't eat after 6 PM (18:00). Remember that fillet of chicken is the best! Don't eat potatoes, eat carrots, greenpeas, rice etc. You should eat fruits everyday - at least one banana

Ouh, and don't eat white bread it is a junk also.

Use these diet-tips and everything will be all right. If you want more tips, msg me.

Comment

Working...
                X