Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has There Ever Been A Decade With More HOF HW's Than the 2000's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has There Ever Been A Decade With More HOF HW's Than the 2000's?

Were the 2000's the golden age of HW's? Here is a list of surefire HOF'ers who competed in the 2000's, what decade had more?

Tyson
    Lewis
    Bowe
    Holyfield
    James Toney
    Holmes
    wlad
    Vitali
    Roy Jones

That is 9 surefire HOFers all fought in the 2000's. Has there ever been a decade with so many? This is also leaving off anyone who might not make the hall, but could also make it like Chris Byrd for example.

Comment

Most of the fighters you listed did their most impressive work in the 90s and/or in a different weight class.

The exceptions are the K brothers.

Comment

This is world class stuff here.

Comment

Did you seriously mention Holmes?

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
            Were the 2000's the golden age of HW's? Here is a list of surefire HOF'ers who competed in the 2000's, what decade had more?

Tyson
            Lewis
            Bowe
            Holyfield
            James Toney
            Holmes
            wlad
            Vitali
            Roy Jones

That is 9 surefire HOFers all fought in the 2000's. Has there ever been a decade with so many? This is also leaving off anyone who might not make the hall, but could also make it like Chris Byrd for example.
            I would call NONE of them a genuine Hall of Famer for the 2000's based on their records since 2001, except ONE, and that (but not as a Heavyweight) for the 2000's is Roy Jones, with 6 successful Lt.Heavyweight title defences.

Toney has no HOF Heavyweight credentials at all. And the records of the others for the
            2000's as Heavyweights, are all pretty poor, not at all HOF worthy. The records of Lewis and Tyson were especially poor, had less than a single handful of fights each, both were KO'd, and otherwise fought washed up opponents also. Holyfield fought much more in the 2000's but with 4 losses to reigning World Champions and a draw, as well as many losses against much lesser opposition, he is not HOF worthy for the 2000's.

This is not to say that they may be not be HOF worthy in other decades, and perhaps in other weights.

Just being specific according to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              I would call NONE of them a genuine Hall of Famer for the 2000's based on their records since 2001, except ONE, and that (but not as a Heavyweight) for the 2000's is Roy Jones, with 6 successful Lt.Heavyweight title defences.

Toney has no HOF Heavyweight credentials at all. And the records of the others for the
              2000's as Heavyweights, are all pretty poor, not at all HOF worthy. The records of Lewis and Tyson were especially poor, had less than a single handful of fights each, both were KO'd, and otherwise fought washed up opponents also. Holyfield fought much more in the 2000's but with 4 losses to reigning World Champions and a draw, as well as many losses against much lesser opposition, he is not HOF worthy for the 2000's.

This is not to say that they may be not be HOF worthy in other decades, and perhaps in other weights.

Just being specific according to the topic.
              I apologise for excluding both Klitschkos who, of course have had and are still having HOF heavyweight careers.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                I apologise for excluding both Klitschkos who, of course have had and are still having HOF heavyweight careers.
                I could easily have misread the topic also, as a re-reading makes it seem to me that their Heavyweight HOF credentials need not have been in the 2000's, but just that they fought then, regardless of their standard level then, and I assume, even one fight in the 2000's would quailify. I regard the 2000's as beginning on Jan 1st 2001.

If so, the ALL would be HOF worthy.

Comment

I just spit out my juice.............

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post

Tyson-lol,he was shot by then
                    Lewis-retiring
                    Bowe-lol his work was done in the 90's
                    Holyfield-lmfao,he was shot to **** by then
                    James Toney-not a hof at heavyweight
                    Holmes-rotfl 80's fighter
                    wlad-hof
                    Vitali-not sure if hes reven a hof
                    Roy Jones
                    -seriously?

i see what you did here trying to suck off the klits..wlads a hof not sure bout vitali tho

Comment

Working...
                    X