No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute vs Grachev Early Fight Result From Montreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute vs Grachev Early Fight Result From Montreal

In the opener, 25-year old Lightweight Michael Gadbois (8-0, 3 KO), 134 ¾, of Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, made a successful step up in competition in four spirited rounds with 31-year old Pedro Navarette (28-17-3, 17 KO), 133 1/2, of San Juan Zitlaltepec, Mexico. Navarette did well enough to earn a draw on one card but ultimately fell by majority decision with the other two judges favoring Gadbois.

[Click Here To Read More]

FOTY candidate. The fight had great ebb and flow.

Comment

Good if rather slowly-paced fight, absolutely atrocious scorecards. However, I expected no less.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
        Good if rather slowly-paced fight, absolutely atrocious scorecards. However, I expected no less.
        The scorecard they mentioned was about right 115-113. I had the same thing for Bute. I think he edged it out. Everytime Grachev landed that right hand it seemed like Lucian paused for a second.

Good to see him win, but I was expecting more from him tonight. I think Froch will capitalize again when they meet.

Comment

115-113 is fine with me, just as a draw or 115-113 the other way would have been.

But when two Canadian judges score it as a four-point and an eight-point fight respectively, it's hard not to feel a little sullied.

There are, however, two positives to take from this fight. The first is that Froch will absolutely hammer Bute in the rematch, beyond a doubt. And the second is that Denis "The Golem" Grachev is a fun fighter. (And yeah I know it's not his nickname, but it suits him better than the Drago ****)

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            FOTY candidate. The fight had great ebb and flow.
            The Guerrero fight was great. But the whole card was very good.
            The scoring was awful, I had 115-114 Gravech.

Comment

That 12th round must have been humiliating for Grachev...

It was a good performance against a tough opponent with KO power.

Comment

118-110? hahahahahahaha x 3,563

Comment

Missed this one due to work but from what you guys are saying it seems Froch will have to KO Bute again if that fight is in Canada.

Not that I have any doubt that will happen, of course. Froch knows he can walk Bute down, and I see the KO coming even earlier than last time.

Comment

Canadian judges Paquette 10-2 in rounds way off and Woodburn 8-4 were very, let's say generous...Neutral offiicals needed...2 much swing betwn these "judges".

Comment

Working...
                    X