No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Says Burns-Mitchell Will Be a Cracker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Says Burns-Mitchell Will Be a Cracker

EXPECT the fight of the year tonight when Scotland’s Ricky Burns and England’s Kevin Mitchell, Britain’s best lightweights, collide at Glasgow’s SECC for the WBO title.

A poll of 40 leading fight faces resulted in a 55-45 per cent split for home fighter Burns. It promises to be that tight.

These are proper fighting men and fittingly Hall of Fame ring announcer Michael Buffer will summon them to arms.

Champion Burns is one of the sport’s real gentlemen — shy, clean-living and always obscenely fit. Despite his status, he continues to work as an assistant in a sportswear store every Saturday. [Click Here To Read More]

I agree potential fight of the year.

I need to see Maidana vs Soto-Karass though.

Comment

I don't think it's going to be FOTY material tbh.

I fully expect a cracking fight, but I'm expecting it to be a case of Burns looking to stay on the outside and box while Mitchell looks to get in and engage. In turn, whether Ricky decides to engage with Mitchell or not will decide how the fight goes in terms of action.

Comment

I think Mitchell's vulnerability makes it interesting that and he can genuinely punch so he will be able to hurt Burns too.

I still don't think Mitchell should have ever lost to Katsidis. That fight should have been meat and drink for him, even from what little of that fight there was he was picking off Katsidis in the 2nd round comfortably, then disaster struck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I agree potential fight of the year.

I need to see Maidana vs Soto-Karass though.
          Meh i didnt find it special.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I think Mitchell's vulnerability makes it interesting that and he can genuinely punch so he will be able to hurt Burns too.

I still don't think Mitchell should have ever lost to Katsidis. That fight should have been meat and drink for him, even from what little of that fight there was he was picking off Katsidis in the 2nd round comfortably, then disaster struck.
            Well, after finding out about all his problems in the lead-up to the Katsidis fight, it's not so surprising.

Family problems, alcohol problems, not showing up for training etc.....when he's got his head screwed on right, he's a top fighter.

Comment

Yep should be a cracker this one - Burns has fought higher calibre opponents in Martinez, Katsidis and Moses and beat them all comfortably plus he has home advantage so I see him winning a competitive points decision

Comment

What time does the fight start in the U.S.A.
                http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...IUQ3R0HA3yhF6Q

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Meh i didnt find it special.
                  Really? A lot of people on here were going mental about it.

Might watch it later before the Mitchell fight begins.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Well, after finding out about all his problems in the lead-up to the Katsidis fight, it's not so surprising.

Family problems, alcohol problems, not showing up for training etc.....when he's got his head screwed on right, he's a top fighter.
                    what is it with british fighters?

burns and frankie given could both be mixing it with top 5 fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X