No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Guarantees No Pacquiao-Cotto Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Guarantees No Pacquiao-Cotto Rematch

There was a time when Miguel Cotto wanted nothing more than to get another shot at Manny Pacquiao.

Cotto claims boxing Pacquiao at a catch weight of 145 pounds was as much a factor as anything in the Puerto Rican icon losing by 12th-round technical knockout as anything. It appears now, though, that Cotto is at peace with losing to Pacquiao in their November 2009 welterweight title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to know because Manny already tried to get Cotto in the ring at a catch weight twice after they fought. Time to keep it moving.

Comment

depressionate article. but i do like cotto. he's going to the hall of fame.

Comment

I'm a big Cotto fan but he's contradicting himself regarding the catchweight. Immediately after the fight when asked by Larry merchant if the weight was the factor, Cotto response was "no I felt fine. It was his speed. I didn't know where the punches were coming from". Now he wants to claim that the Catchweight effected him. Which one is it? Was it the speed or the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          I'm a big Cotto fan but he's contradicting himself regarding the catchweight. Immediately after the fight when asked by Larry merchant if the weight was the factor, Cotto response was "no I felt fine. It was his speed. I didn't know where the punches were coming from". Now he wants to claim that the Catchweight effected him. Which one is it? Was it the speed or the weight?
          it was right after the fight Im sure cotto didn't want to make excuses. He gave manny his props and called him the best fighter he's ever fought.

Comment

Oh great looks like the rematch is signed and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Good to know because Manny already tried to get Cotto in the ring at a catch weight twice after they fought. Time to keep it moving.
              This right here. If everyone remembers Cotto just recently said he's quite comfortable with 154 and not 147. Therefore it's rather obvious that a rematch with Pacman won't happen cause Pacman won't fight a healthy Cotto.

Comment

no point.... considering how badly manny destroyed him first time.... it would be the same story second time out.

Comment

I mean what would be the POINT ????

When Pac whupped Cotto it was a beat down, Cotto didn't lose by a lucky shot

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    Yeah I with ya mang, we don't like fighters that do catchweights

Comment

Working...
                    X