No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC's Sulaiman: Danny Garcia Has To Give Up One Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    What happens when you have an interim belt holder and the champ drops the belt? Does he just become the champ?
    Good question. I think he fights the highest rated available contender to seal trhe status as new champion, but don't quote me on that. Interim champions, regular champion, super champions, champion emeritus...all stupid as hell. There can be only one world champion. Some orgs have 3 per division. How many worlds are these guys living on, because that shit is just crazy!

Comment

What happens when you have an interim belt holder and the champ drops the belt? Does he just become the champ?
      yes but it depends who gonna benefit from it i guess , thats exactly how zbik got his title i believe ..same with sergio's title at 154 ..

Comment

Funny how he never gave Floyd that b.s. and he holds the WBA belt in a different weight class..... :RRONTFL: fùücking corrupt fat bastard.....
        Plus I bet he will allow unification between Floyd n canelo at 154......:RRONTFL:

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER
          First he was forcing Garcia to fight Matthysse but now he is forcing him to vacate one of his titles? How does this make sense? These old guys live too long in boxing.
          the people who elected him should be shot

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by chilost View Post
            Funny how he never gave Floyd that b.s. and he holds the WBA belt in a different weight class..... :RRONTFL: fùücking corrupt fat bastard.....
            Plus I bet he will allow unification between Floyd n canelo at 154......:RRONTFL:
            Which he held since 2011 and hasn't defended till May.... of this year

Comment

No way - Chavez Junior going down to 140?! ;-)

Comment

Well to be honest boxing has lost it's soul with Silver Champions and regular champions the ratings have become a laughing stock - No 1 contenders having to step aside for unification fights to many rating bodies who is the actual world champion fine it used to be just the WBC then wba then IBF then WBO and who knowas how many other organisations - world champions are just to glorified - OLD SCHOOLis always better at least there usedf to be only one chmapion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                  Well to be honest boxing has lost it's soul with Silver Champions and regular champions the ratings have become a laughing stock - No 1 contenders having to step aside for unification fights to many rating bodies who is the actual world champion fine it used to be just the WBC then wba then IBF then WBO and who knowas how many other organisations - world champions are just to glorified - OLD SCHOOLis always better at least there usedf to be only one chmapion.
                  WBA came first, WBC was a split from the WBA. IBF then became a split from the WBA too. I don't personally recognise the WBO.

Comment

It's the discretion of the sanctioning body. The IBF doesn't have interim champs

Comment

Nah, they still make you fight for it. I think the same was for Abril/Rios.
                      Abril was the interim champ, but still had to fight Rios for the full... and he's fighting Boegre for the full again

Comment

Working...
                      X