Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more potential to be the bigger star, Broner or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i voted broner, but i thought that canelo is going to get shots against cotto and maywaether. win or lose, thats gonna make him very big. who can broner fight thats gonna attract that big? not saying that its impossible, but hes gonna have to make his own name. only fights i really see that can be big for him is rios and a gamboa fight. oh and maybe marquez but not sure marquez would risk a fight with broner

Comment

lol at people saying canelo doesn't speak english that's why he won't be a star...

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        lol at people saying canelo doesn't speak english that's why he won't be a star...

pac speaks english enough to go on the national tv circult. hes been all over tv speaking english even if its not well. ppl can understand him. u cannot go on jimmy frikkin kimmel with an interpreter.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          pac speaks english enough to go on the national tv circult. hes been all over tv speaking english even if its not well. ppl can understand him. u cannot go on jimmy frikkin kimmel with an interpreter.

here's another star who doesn't need to know teh english

Comment

I think these 2 can be compared to De La Hoya and Roy Jones. Oscar was the bigger star and the ppv attraction and made the most money. But, Roy was the more talented, better fighter and is the one considered an all time great. Canelo will be the big star and Broner will be the better fighter.

Comment

no1 in the us knows who the hell messi is. smh. if ur talking worldwide star, then thats different. but i thought we were talking star in the vein of mayweather/pacquiao/dlh/tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
                Oscar De La Hoya was still immensely popular after he lost a few times. Plus Canelo's fights are shown on national TV for free in Mexico. That's how popular he is. It's one thing to have a large Mexican fan base... it's another to have the ENTIRE Mexican fan base.

Plus I see Broner being outclassed by Gamboa.
                i don't think he has the entire nation of mexico behind him just yet...

true what you said before though, but oscar was big from the start of his pro career. the backstory of a hispanic kid from east la grabbing a gold medal for the US dedicated to his mother's passing, it paved the way for him to be big in the pros. not to mention the big factor of him speaking english.
                broner, already have fought in mexico, can do it again and further increase his name and fanbase throughout mexico and latin america. he can even go to the uk. guys like burns, mitchell, rees, and murray, he can go over there and make a bigger name for himself on a larger scale. broner has the potential of being a bigger name internationally is what i mean. not saying it'll happen for sure, but just throwing that idea out there. both can and probably will be huge names for years to come, but i'm just giving out possibilities of what broner can do with his career.

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                i voted broner, but i thought that canelo is going to get shots against cotto and maywaether. win or lose, thats gonna make him very big. who can broner fight thats gonna attract that big? not saying that its impossible, but hes gonna have to make his own name. only fights i really see that can be big for him is rios and a gamboa fight. oh and maybe marquez but not sure marquez would risk a fight with broner
                yeah fighting cotto and mayweather would make him one of the biggest names in boxing for sure, win or lose. if he does fight both which seems likely (well if he gets through cotto first), then it's a lock that he'll be on top of boxing's biggest names (i mean he already pretty much is since there isn't that many big names in boxing right now). broner can have big fights here in the US against top american fighters, or foreign fighters as well. but he can also go over to the uk and mexico and make his name even bigger. i think him speaking english would give him an edge over alvarez when it comes to british' attraction.

Comment

I voted "Canelo". I don't think Broner will be a big star. The kid is good, but his persona is ahead of his skills. It won't take long after his first couple of losses for people to look elsewhere. He has to maintain a perfect (or nearly perfect) record to maintain interest. Otherwise he'll just look like a clown (which many people already regard him as).

Adrien is a counterfeit version of Floyd. What keeps Mayweather on top is his exceptional ability and record. Broner will never be on his level...ever. Like him or not, Floyd is special. Guys like him don't come along every day. I'll be willing to bet Adrien isn't the second coming.

Alvarez appeals to a wider variety of people. He has the Mexican fan-base, young ladies and whites in his corner. He's good enough, exciting enough and likeable enough to maintain interest even after a few losses. Saul doesn't rely on theatrics to sell himself. His appeal is built in. He'd have to try hard to mess it up.

Comment

Who the hell is this?

Manny speaks english

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I voted "Canelo". I don't think Broner will be a big star. The kid is good, but his persona is ahead of his skills. It won't take long after his first couple of losses for people to look elsewhere. He has to maintain a perfect (or nearly perfect) record to maintain interest. Otherwise he'll just look like a clown (which many people already regard him as).

Adrien is a counterfeit version of Floyd. What keeps Mayweather on top is his exceptional ability and record. Broner will never be on his level...ever. Like him or not, Floyd is special. Guys like him don't come along every day. I'll be willing to bet Adrien isn't the second coming.

Alvarez appeals to a wider variety of people. He has the Mexican fan-base, young ladies and whites in his corner. He's good enough, exciting enough and likeable enough to maintain interest even after a few losses. Saul doesn't rely on theatrics to sell himself. His appeal is built in. He'd have to try hard to mess it up.
                      good post as usual from you

Comment

Working...
                      X