No announcement yet.

Dwyer's Take on Rigo-Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    His method is find an underdog he thinks has good value, validate the value and then bet.
    The only two winners I can think of is Pirog and Thompson (Price)
    Hmmm...okay.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      That is his MO. Pick underdog which he deemed with favorable odds and hedge.
      He stayed true to his method with Rigo-Donaire, but Dwyer also specified that he picks Guillermo to win straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
        Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Paraphrase yo!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Dwyer picks Rigo to win. But if you're betting, he advises to take Guille to win and hedge your bet with Nonito by KO. He says Donaire doesn't land many jabs against southpaws and that he'll be forced to rely almost exclusively on power shots, leaving him open to Rigo's counters. Dwyer thinks Rigo might just score the KO.
        Oh ok. I don't even know who this guy is but this seems to be turning racial now...

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          Oh ok. I don't even know who this guy is but this seems to be turning racial now...

Like I said at the start, I'm not all that familiar with Dwyer. I don't mind his analysis, but he's a little hard to listen too...too deliberate in his speech for my taste, robotic. Reminds me of a bad teacher; he'll make an exciting subject sound boring. lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            He's gotta be right on something sometime. lol I don't know how accurate Dwyer normally is, but picking Thompson seems like a good call, not just in light of how things turned out, but because I don't think too many people would've picked Tony.
            He picked Tony VS Wlad... He is a fan of Tony and admitted it. His track record has been wrong quite often, but he gives good analysis most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
              He picked Tony VS Wlad... He is a fan of Tony and admitted it. His track record has been wrong quite often, but he gives good analysis most of the time.
              I guess if you pick the same guy every time, you're going to be right sometime. lol

I agree, Dwyer at least offers interesting analysis, although he might be a poor handicapper.

Comment

I don't see this fight going 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I guess if you pick the same guy every time, you're going to be right sometime. lol

I agree, Dwyer at least offers interesting analysis, although he might be a poor handicapper.
                  Well I think picking Thompson VS Wlad was a joke, but Price was a good call. Price's chin was always in question.

As for Rigo, it's a good call too, since Rigo is a very good boxer. However in my opinion, he has not had enough time to adjust to the power and rounds at Pro level of high quality opponents. It could be a solid 12 round fight, but I really suspect that Rigo will get dropped a few times or stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    Well I think picking Thompson VS Wlad was a joke, but Price was a good call. Price's chin was always in question.

As for Rigo, it's a good call too, since Rigo is a very good boxer. However in my opinion, he has not had enough time to adjust to the power and rounds at Pro level of high quality opponents. It could be a solid 12 round fight, but I really suspect that Rigo will get dropped a few times or stopped.
                    I couldn't agree more with the bold. But we'll see if Rigo has enough on April 13. I think he just might.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      Whoever he picked may have Dwyer's curse. I don't think his track record is that great. Just remember to bet underdog and hedge.
                      There was a stretch of time a few years ago where it seemed all of his predictions were on point, then over the past couple years he's been hit and miss.

Still he usually has decent break downs or st least has interesting views.

Comment

Working...
                      X