No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    So to you Pacquiao beat Marquez in the 3rd fight, gotcha.

And thanks for the "Clottey would beat Pac" that literally made me laugh out loud.
    Your flipping all over the place , get back to Trout Cotto , did you look at their heads and the fight , end of story !

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Your flipping all over the place , get back to Trout Cotto , did you look at their heads and the fight , end of story !
      I know who won the fight, it was clearly a Trout win. I picked him to win ******.

But your point about "hurr durr look at their faces" doesn't make any sense. Some people swell and cut up a lot easier than others. These trolls need to take a break.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Trainer Freddie Roach believes Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) fought the wrong style of fighter this past Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden. Cotto challenged WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs), who won a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision.

[Click Here To Read More]
        but Khan fought the RIGHT kind of fighter in Garcia though huh?....when THAT fight got signed I knew Khan was in trouble because I'm a fan of BOTH... how come Roach didn't know?!?

anyway, Roach should mind his own business...Cotto fights tough fights...thats why I love the dude....he's a REAL dude...a str8 up G...respect is earned and Cotto earned more respect than he can ever lose in this game

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          I know who won the fight, it was clearly a Trout win. I picked him to win ******.

But your point about "hurr durr look at their faces" doesn't make any sense. Some people swell and cut up a lot easier than others. These trolls need to take a break.
          You need to learn to get the gist of whats being said as a whole instead of honing in on a mute point out of context , I didnt make a point I made a story , the beat up head of Cotto was relevant to the topic on Cotto Trout and the guy I was answering saying Cotto landed heaps , he didnt and amongst other things like punch stats the heads show it , hence my comment .

Comment

Everyone knew that fighting a good, unheralded southpaw at this stage in a career can be dangerous but so would have been fighting a huge puncher at this weight. Given Miguel's punch resistance these days, Trout probably was the best choice even though he lost.

He made it out of the fight fairly safe and will likely not lose much positive capital from his side. The Canelo fight lost some luster and the outcome seems a little more apparent, but the style of that fight will be completely different. He may get stopped in the next fight but it wasn't against Trout, so his career is still able to extend a little bit.
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Man Cotto look like straight trash against Trout. It's ok to be a fan but keep it 100. He look VERY SLOW. He zero power and Trout look like he was fighting a B class fighter. Cotto is a great warrior but his butt got WHOOP by Trout. That's a FACT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                You need to learn to get the gist of whats being said as a whole instead of honing in on a mute point out of context , I didnt make a point I made a story , the beat up head of Cotto was relevant to the topic on Cotto Trout and the guy I was answering saying Cotto landed heaps , he didnt and amongst other things like punch stats the heads show it , hence my comment .
                Lol... Man get over it. Manny been a beast! Fraud is just scared. First it was Manny would be easy work, then it was PEDS, Otiz press conference "Manny you're next." C'mon man, no one is stupid. My 9 year old know he's ducking the man.

Comment

Originally posted by DadeCounty305 View Post
                  Lol... Man get over it. Manny been a beast! Fraud is just scared. First it was Manny would be easy work, then it was PEDS, Otiz press conference "Manny you're next." C'mon man, no one is stupid. My 9 year old know he's ducking the man.
                  Fraud will continue to put Health First, and AVOID the Best....

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    this is whats wrong with boxing and why cotto is a dying breed cotto is not afraid to fight anyone the cards were closer that lopsided crap was bull cotto could have won by 1 or two points same for trout the fight was closer and sloppy but cotto has done enough he can have 1 more fight and call it a career
                    i lose my breath reading this.. i hope you learn how to make comma and period next time...

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                      What I love about Cotto, is he doesn't back down to anyone! If you told him he was locked in to fight Vitali Klitschko, he'd fight his heart out. He looked good, polished, great shape, against Trout, but Trout looked like he was 3" taller and outweighed Cotto by 30 pounds fight night. That's too bad because that was some poor decision making on his team's part. Cotto still has game left, and he better get Canelo now, before too much time passes. It may be too late anyway, because Cotto has had several wars, and Canelo is approaching his prime. If Sergio were healthy I'd say Cotto can beat him now. Cotto can beat Chavez JR now. Cotto can beat Guerrero now. Cotto can KO Bradley now. Cotto can beat Marquez now. But if Cotto hasn't gotten to them by 4th of July 2013, all bets off, and time for Cotto to be a promoter.
                      Sergio is taller and has a reach advantage over Trout while imo is just better overall. JJC jr is much much bigger than Cotto, much MUCH bigger. I have a hard time believing Cotto could beat JCC jr and I hate the fact that you made me say that, but it's the truth. I love Cotto and haven't lost any love for him for taking a risky fight against a fighter whose style could be a problem, but lets be honest, everyone can lose, and Cotto did, and he does to Martinez and JCC jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X