No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Kirkland won't be no war

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    If Canelo boxes him intelligently, he wins this fight and stops Kirkland. If he gets careless he could get stretched himself.

I think Molina showed how poor of a boxer Kirkland really is and the improvements that I have seen from Canelo in the last 4-5 fights has been impressive, especially defensively.
    If ginger couldn't look like a defensive wizard against the likes of shot Cintron & Mosley & Gomez, he might of well have retired early lol!!

But on a serious note, Molina is 1 hard fighter to look good against. Just read through this tread. After all Molina realistically beat Lara, who the majority think is the next in line to the throne.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      If ginger couldn't look like a defensive wizard against the likes of shot Cintron & Mosley & Gomez, he might of well have retired early lol!!

But on a serious note, Molina is 1 hard fighter to look good against. Just read through this tread. After all Molina realistically beat Lara, who the majority think is the next in line to the throne.
      Canelo looked very good defensively against Mosley and the rest you named. He was hit 1 time significantly against Mosley in the 12th round, that was it. Against Gomez and Cintron he improved from what we had seen against Cotto.

The kid has gotten better and his catching of punches and head movement has been a 180 degree turn around, watch him closely.

Kirkland could catch him but I think he gets KO'd in the middle rounds to be honest with you because he takes too many chances because he's fallen in love with his power and Canelo can be a very careful counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Canelo looked very good defensively against Mosley and the rest you named. He was hit 1 time significantly against Mosley in the 12th round, that was it. Against Gomez and Cintron he improved from what we had seen against Cotto.

The kid has gotten better and his catching of punches and head movement has been a 180 degree turn around, watch him closely.

Kirkland could catch him but I think he gets KO'd in the middle rounds to be honest with you because he takes too many chances because he's fallen in love with his power and Canelo can be a very careful counter puncher.
        No. He really really didn't.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised Kirkland got chosen for this fight, Molina was whopping his ass all day long. Canelo is strong, his left hook is going to hurt Kirkland, I think based on Kirkland's last fight alone, Canelo is more than capable of getting the KO.

Comment

They are both capable of knocking each other out, this is a pretty interesting fight.

I am leaning toward Kirkland just because I am not sure whether Canelo can handle a major war of attrition that this fight may turn out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
              I'm kind of surprised Kirkland got chosen for this fight, Molina was whopping his ass all day long. Canelo is strong, his left hook is going to hurt Kirkland, I think based on Kirkland's last fight alone, Canelo is more than capable of getting the KO.
              I think I heard there was a GBP representative on the side screaming for the DQ and I think this is why, for them to be able to have this fight... Canelo-Kirkland.

As a matter of fact, Kirkland's team was contacted immediately after the fight by Schaefer to match him up vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                I think I heard there was a GBP representative on the side screaming for the DQ and I think this is why, for them to be able to have this fight... Canelo-Kirkland.

As a matter of fact, Kirkland's team was contacted immediately after the fight by Schaefer to match him up vs Canelo.

With the way the fight ended in complete and utter bull**** fashion. This sounds totally legit. But it doesn't change the fact that Molina was dominating Kirkland, bullying him even. James couldn't handle him and anyone who says different is lying to themselves

I think Canelo can and most likely will win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  it will not be a war for as long as it lasts or anything else but a one sided beatdown. Canelo will molest him & could take him out almost at will.

I said Kirkland beats Angulo but you need to realise how good this Canelo kid is. He is better in single department than the chinless, scrappy brawler in Kirkland. He probably hits even harder than Kirkland!

Too fast, way to skilled & too much savvy for the dopey Kirkland.

Its not Canelos fault he is leaps & bounds above everyone else & the big names don't want non.
                  I'd rather Canelo vs Lara or Mundine

I don't even give Kirkland a punchers chance, his power is overrated and he is the slowest 154lb guy EVER in boxing history behind Angulo.

Only reason I will watch this is to watch glass shatter.

Canelo K.O 1

Canelo is a slow starter & does not hit harder than Kirkland. He's going to have to box Kirkland's shoes off to keep him at bay. Angulo was thought to be the hardest puncher in the division by many & he took some bombs from the guy. "99 out of 100 guys don't get up from that punch", words right outta Max Kellerman's mouth. James is a tough kid & I think you're writing him off too easy. It's going to be a good fight...I hope.
                  Last edited by Merciless1; 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
                    Kirkland is not the only good 154lbr Molina gave the goods to. He'd make ginger look like hot garbage too. He beat Lara in the eyes of most that watched it & sent Cintron a retirement coupon long before ginger did.

Comment

I really wish the fight was tomorrow, I want to see how Kirklands fans/Canelo haters are going to react to Kirkland's career getting ended inside of 3 rounds.

The excuses will be priceless

Comment

Working...
                      X