Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manning...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
      Oh yeah because he never had that Jerry Rice guy to throw to or anything.
      Oh yeah, because I guess he didn't WIN 2 rings WITHOUT that Jerry rice guy or anything rite,.

Comment

Originally posted by al capone View Post
        Oh yeah, because I guess he didn't WIN 2 rings WITHOUT that Jerry rice guy or anything rite,.
        You said he won all 4 by himself, so clearly this is not the case. Montana has always been around great players when he won superbowls. I will not deny though, the man is clutch and can lead a team down the field and score when it needs to be done. But skillwise and from an athletic standpoint, there are better QB's.

Comment

All those guys are old (especially Montana, Elway, Marino)...if I had to take a QB based on their age right now I'd take Rodgers...because I doubt 50 year olds could take me very far...and if you're going Elway based on talent, I'd take Favre because I'm a homer.

If I were actually drafting for a brand new NFL team and could take anyone in history (disregarding age) I'd take Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor...if I had to draft from today's current crop of NFL players, it would be Joe Thomas...your quarterback can't get a concussion if they can't get to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
            You said he won all 4 by himself, so clearly this is not the case. Montana has always been around great players when he won superbowls. I will not deny though, the man is clutch and can lead a team down the field and score when it needs to be done. But skillwise and from an athletic standpoint, there are better QB's.
            ATHLETIC wise,seriously..who cares about athleticsim when it comes to Qb ..that don't mean anything when being a qb.top qb's of all time didnt have any athleticism what so ever,from Unitas,Marino,to modem day greats Brady,manning those are at least top 10 qb's and worthless on athleticsim.bottom line QB is the one who takes the blame for the losses and will take the praise when they win.so his clutchness ability to lead the team and score when needed like u said is what I will take easily over a qb who can run a 4.2 40,record tying shuttle run,throwing 85 yards,or going 10/10 while throwing a football thru garbage cans in a drill for "skillwise" . that's why u don't see no one voting for vick or tavaris jackson as being a choice to start their franchise with.

Comment

i see alot of posters saying right now rodgers or manning cause elway montana and marino are old well no **** i think ur guys are reading to much into it. Prime elway marino or montana ****s on the league true story. They played in a time where u could play defense

Comment

Working...
              X