No announcement yet.

Religion may become extinct in nine nations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
    Im Muslim and even I can agree with his statement, one day religion will die out...

In the Quran a sign of judgement day is

"Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until no one will know what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are"
    read this. for more info http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

Comment

I can't see it myself. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink it, and all that. I do see religion being pushed further and further to the periphery though, as more people free their minds over time.

Comment

In order for this to happen (religion becoming extinct), people would have to become noticeably smarter, on a large scale.

Your level of intelligence is connected to your perception of the world, and how much you can be influenced. Now i'm not saying that every non-religious person is very smart, a lot of the people mentioned in this study just haven't been exposed to Religion, and if they had been, they'd eat it up like the next guy.

Comment

Watch Jesus Camp, it aint going anywhere

Comment

Lemme re-write the title ts..... should be "Established Religion may become extinct in nine nations"

Religion is a common belief of a "supernatural" existence that somehow guides a mans life throughout the course of his/her lifetime. Mostly stemmed from the human fear of the unknown, for trying to come up with a valid explanation of why and what he is. Religion has been around since man first ventured out of his cave and lit the first fire, probably that was his first god.

When i say established religion, those will be Catholicism, Islam, Protestantism (?), Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism et al.... Its an organized set of belief that is structured to provide cohesive and controlled dogma for the believers.

just FYI.

I will have to agree that "practice" of most established religion (those we call devout) is on the downturn..... why? one other religion is replacing that....
            Its called "MONEY".

Comment

war Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We can only hope.

Comment

The only time my local church opens is for funerals, i only know 2 religous people. Religion is already dead here.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                    In order for this to happen (religion becoming extinct), people would have to become noticeably smarter, on a large scale.

Your level of intelligence is connected to your perception of the world, and how much you can be influenced. Now i'm not saying that every non-religious person is very smart, a lot of the people mentioned in this study just haven't been exposed to Religion, and if they had been, they'd eat it up like the next guy.
                    For this your IQ must be 12.

Religion and belief in God are two very different things. Some of the smartest people in the world are people of faith.

I hate to break this to you but you know as much about how the universe began as I do, that has no bearing on how smart we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      For this your IQ must be 12.

Religion and belief in God are two very different things. Some of the smartest people in the world are people of faith.

I hate to break this to you but you know as much about how the universe began as I do, that has no bearing on how smart we are.
                      Did I strike a nerve?

Where in that post did I mention God? TS was talking about Religion, and I specifically commented on Religion.

As the other choice to being Religous was "Non-Religious", not necessarily Atheist/Agnostic.

Comment

Working...
                      X