Comments Thread For: Nielsen vs. Chudinov Early Results From Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nielsen vs. Chudinov Early Results From Russia

----------------------

Former Azerbaijani amateur standout Ramal Amanov (5-0) was taught another lesson of prizefighting by an unknown Kenyan opponent in a very hard-fought unanimous decision win in their scheduled eight-rounder. "Unknown" isn't just a figure of speech but more a fact, as a name and a record announced (Michael Odhiambo: 12-5, 9 KOs - before the fight) differed considerably from one, put into the booklet, listed at Boxrec, and voiced by ringside commentators (Maykl Ogundo: debutant).

Amanov, while making a shift to pro boxing, is still primarily an amateur fighter rather than a pugilist. He immediately started to box circles over his rugged and flat-footed opponent. Ogundo/Odhiambo pressed the action but his skills weren't good enough to deliver a sufficient amount of landed punches to Amanov. The latter, on the other hand, was too feather-fisted to put the Kenyan into trouble. Moreover, it was Ogundo/Odhiambo, who landed a counter right hand to send Amanov down in the fifth round. Confusion didn't last long for Amanov, as he boxed his way to an unspectacular and unsatisfying points victory. BoxingScene had it 77-74 - also for the Azerbaijani.

----------------------

Debutant Mark Chipinov (0-1) tried hard but failed to impress against slightly more experienced light heavyweight Andrey Sirotkin (4-0, 1 KO). Sirotkin looked finer and tighter than his aggressive foe and scored a hard-fought unanimous decision in a scheduled six-rounder.

---------------------- [Click Here To Read More]

Nielsen sucks so much.

Dmitry looks like a tough journeymen type fighter. A little like Bursak.

He should fighter Fletcher next

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
      Nielsen sucks so much.

Dmitry looks like a tough journeymen type fighter. A little like Bursak.

He should fighter Fletcher next
      When two nobodies with inflated records fight, someone has to win. Gotta love the WBA and these worthless belts designed for sanctioning fees. I'm sure Sergio Martinez loses lots of sleep with all these alphabelt pretenders to his crown.

Comment

They're already working on a rematch here in Denmark. I've always thought Patrick was below mediocrity, even in his amateur days. As soon as he steps up in competition he will not and cannot hang with the best of them.

Comment

I'm amazed by this actually....i talked all this shit about him and he goes and wins it.

I need to watch it, but seems like in the eyes of everyone else, Chudinov won.

Wow... i wonder what this means with the fletcher "mando" now that the real mando is there. Fletcher was supposed to fight the winner

IMO, WBA will have Chudinov fight Fletcher so they can actually enforce that mando... because Chudinov got that Hyrunov backing

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            I'm amazed by this actually....i talked all this shit about him and he goes and wins it.

I need to watch it, but seems like in the eyes of everyone else, Chudinov won.

Wow... i wonder what this means with the fletcher "mando" now that the real mando is there. Fletcher was supposed to fight the winner

IMO, WBA will have Chudinov fight Fletcher so they can actually enforce that mando... because Chudinov got that Hyrunov backing
            I thought you had been a little hard on Chudinov - he's a tough brawler who can clearly bang, though he's a bit scrappy and does get hit. I think the bigger surprise for me was how poor Nielson was - I had expected a close fight with Nielsons speed perhaps giving him the edge. In the event it wasn't even close, I think 'Scenes 118 - 110 was about right.

I don't see Chudinov as an elite guy but think he could prove a handful for many in the top 10 - actually the Fletcher fight - if that's what comes of this - would be quite intriguing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I thought you had been a little hard on Chudinov - he's a tough brawler who can clearly bang, though he's a bit scrappy and does get hit. I think the bigger surprise for me was how poor Nielson was - I had expected a close fight with Nielsons speed perhaps giving him the edge. In the event it wasn't even close, I think 'Scenes 118 - 110 was about right.

I don't see Chudinov as an elite guy but think he could prove a handful for many in the top 10 - actually the Fletcher fight - if that's what comes of this - would be quite intriguing IMO.
              Because the fights I saw him in... I didn't really think he was all that good. I saw him as a guy who came forward and wanted to brawl with you, and I thought he was meh with that.

I still haven't seen it.... and while I didn't think he was elite, I thought he was good enough to beat Chudinov....but looks like he just got his ass beat.

Fletcher/Chudinov could be next. Chudinov was the mando and Fletcher still had to give his consent to a fight and get paid step aside money, fighting the winner afterwards.

WBA is seemingly going to grant the fight, so these two will probably get a scrap on in Russia.

Also, Hyrunov can and probably will get the WBA to either get a purse bid or upgrade GGG to super so Chudinov can fight for a regular title.

If they ever do fight..... GGG is going to Russia

Comment

Ah ... here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMlC8rwKNa4

Comment

Working...
                X