No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute, Coach Admit There is Work To Do Before Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute, Coach Admit There is Work To Do Before Froch

Former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (31-1, 24 KOs) did enough to win on Saturday night, but he was far from impressive in his twelve round unanimous decision victory over light heavyweight contender Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8 KOs). Bute, who struggled at times, won a unanimous decisionwith scores of 115-113, 118-110 and 116-112.

Bute was looking for a more inspiring performance after a one-sided five round TKO loss to Carl Froch in May. A rematch between Bute and Froch is already agreed up on for March. Both Bute and his trainer Stephane Larouche admit there is a lot of work to complete before they get in the ring with Froch for a second time. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure he wasn't satisfied with his performance last night. I bet he'll try to get another tune up before getting KO'd to Froch again.

Comment

He'll slowly regain his confidence in the ring. He might never have what he did before, but I credit him for trying.

Comment

so..he's trying to get his confidence back only to get it smashed away from Froch? I wonder if Froch would of lost that he would got all the time he needed for a rematch?

Comment

9 times out of 10 he loses to Froch. He can keep fighting these one dimensional fighters but it's not gonna do any good.

Comment

At least they are honest. Most boxers are not honest about the ass whooping they get, and complain about injuries like broken toes or bad eyes etc. Respect is given to Bute for fighting Froch in his hometown, and not making excuses for getting beaten badly. Froch will still win the rematch, but it will be closer imo.

Comment

With that kind of performance Bute would be knocked out even faster than before.

Comment

if Bute fights as last nite, he isn't adaptable enuf 2 offset frochs pressure...the bout may go a bit longer, but over b4 10...

Comment

Hell, I even dispute the "found a way to win" portion of his trainers comments.

If that fight is anywhere but Canada or Romania, Bute loses, or the scores are actually reflective of how close the fight truly was (especially with that horrendous 118-110 score ushered by one of the two Quebec native judges).

Lets get the rematch done and over with so we can drop Bute from the discussions of "elite" 168 pounders, if there are any remnants of him in those discussions.

Comment

In the first fight, Bute was getting hurt with almost every single punch... in a rematch I think it will be an even quicker annihilation. Froch has the confidence of knowing he can dominate Bute, he also knows he can take Bute's best shots to land his own. I don't see a rematch benefiting Bute that much unless his team are seeing it as a retirement check.

Comment

Working...
                    X