No announcement yet.

Do you like watching bantamweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like watching bantamweight?

So much talk about the heavier weight I was wondering if anyone enjoys watching bantamweight? Will you be watching the Showtime fight Saturday night?
    Last edited by yyy222; 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM.

Yes.

This time last year the Bantamweight Division was the most stacked Division in Boxing.

Comment

Are you going to watch the showtime fight Saturday night?

Comment

Yea of course, if there are good fights.

I just think it's recently been really overrated. There was depth in the division it's just that none of the guys were really that good. I'm not high on Vic, Agbeko, Perez, or Mares so I was never as high on the division as everyone else.

Moreno and Donaire are the goods though.

Comment

Originally posted by yyy222 View Post
          Are you going to watch the showtime fight Saturday night?
          Absolutely.

Comment

Yeah but 122 is going to be stacked pretty soon..... All the elite bantams are or already have moved up......

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

I just think it's recently been really overrated. There was depth in the division it's just that none of the guys were really that good. I'm not high on Vic, Agbeko, Perez, or Mares so I was never as high on the division as everyone else.

The Bantamweight tornument produced awesome fights though.

Comment

I like watching all boxing, but gotta admit I am less interested in the smaller guys usually.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

I'm definitely not high on Mares, I'm in the small minority in thinking he looked awful in his last fight against Agbeko, even though he won that pretty easily. He looked wild and sluggish to me, in fact Mares, earlier in his career showed beautiful technique, at times reminded me of the Marquez brothers but now he's sort of like a Maidana on turbo. 118 is still my favorite division though, or you can say 122.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    The Bantamweight tornument produced awesome fights though.
                    Absoultely. I'm glad it happened and enjoyed it thoroughly. I just disagreed with the almost universal notion that it was the best division in the sport. I have trouble getting excited about some of these guys is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X