No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arce Eyes 9/1 Tuneup Prior To a Donaire Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arce Eyes 9/1 Tuneup Prior To a Donaire Showdown

Former four division world champion Jorge Arce (60-6-2, 46KOs) is ready and willing to fight WBO/IBF super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire, but the Mexican veteran is first requesting a tuneup fight. Arce's last fight, on June 9th with Jesus Rojas, was cut short in two rounds due to an accidental foul. Donaire is scheduled to return on October 13th in an HBO televised headliner.

[Click Here To Read More]

he should fight Rojas then since he quit before Rojas could finish him off.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Arce's position to take a fight in September would probably leave the door open for Donaire to face Japanese star Toshiaki Nishioka.

that's good news

Comment

Good news, get that tune up while Donaire and Nishioka square off.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post

Now Im really starting to believe he quit in that fight. I was trying to defend him at first but a tune up? Where's the rematch with Rojas he said he would do?

Comment

might be a money issue...Arce got cold feet

Comment

Cotto fan speaking of Quitters.....teh irony

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Now Im really starting to believe he quit in that fight. I was trying to defend him at first but a tune up? Where's the rematch with Rojas he said he would do?
                I agree, Arce has unfinished business with Rojas. Stepping over Jesus isn't right. Not to mention, it doesn't look good.

Comment

He needs to fight Rojas. Even Mr Fantastic said he quit. That pretty much proves it without question!!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I agree, Arce has unfinished business with Rojas. Stepping over Jesus isn't right. Not to mention, it doesn't look good.
                    Arce isn't a featherweight........ if rojas wants he can wait for the winner of salido vs garcia and get beat the fucc up

Comment

Working...
                    X