No announcement yet.

Khan needs a new/real trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan needs a new/real trainer.

I hope this won't be seen as hate, but Freddie is overrated as FOOK! In my book he's not a true trainer, he's more a "Offensive combo coordinator "..
    He does not "teach" his fighter anything other than throwing punches.

I couldn't tell u how many times I saw Khan drop his right hand while jabbing, but it was all night. Any real trainer would have fixed that, but I guess Freddie's fix is (Throw more punches)

Khan has gifts, but Freddie needs to GO!

There is no trainer on the planet that could iron out those flaws.

Comment

i agree with u. Maybe Rob Garcia. LOL Naw forreal he should get a new one.

Comment

He needs to go to Robert Garcia, Joel Diaz, or Pedro Diaz asap.

Comment

Originally posted by koloyrus
          ******* you admit Freddy Roach is garbage? Isn't that sacrilege for your pac religion?
          Khan and Freddie Roach don't belong together. Roach is an offensive minded fighter and it works for fighters who are natural pressure fighters such as Pac and Chavez Jr. Khan has a glass jaw with long arms, so he needs to protect the glass at all costs and throw only at the precise moments. Actually if someone could turn Khan into a counter puncher that would help. Roach isn't someone to do this. Stop with your bickering you child.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            There is no trainer on the planet that could iron out those flaws.
            Of course there is. Khan is 25, not 35.

I used to drop both my hands when throwing punches, and my trainer ironed those out in a couple of months. Now my hands are on auto pilot straight back to the chin. With a fighter like Khan, the learning time would be even faster.

The fact is, Freddie Roach has done all he can for Khan. He may have even set him back somewhat. I guarantee Khan would be beating fighters like Peterson and Garcia with no problems at all had he been with Emmanuel Steward for the past four years.

The saving grace is Khan's age. He's still got plenty of time to improve and adjust his style to protect his flaws.

Comment

The split is inevitable, he's already come out today saying that travelling all over the place for his training camps doesn't help (something that surprisingly wasn't an issue before the fight).

If he doesn't get his **** together now, his speed will desert him as he gets older, and he'll have nothing to offer

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                Of course there is. Khan is 25, not 35.

I used to drop both my hands when throwing punches, and my trainer ironed those out in a couple of months. Now my hands are on auto pilot straight back to the chin. With a fighter like Khan, the learning time would be even faster.

The fact is, Freddie Roach has done all he can for Khan. He may have even set him back somewhat. I guarantee Khan would be beating fighters like Peterson and Garcia with no problems at all had he been with Emmanuel Steward for the past four years.

The saving grace is Khan's age. He's still got plenty of time to improve and adjust his style to protect his flaws.

Its not a case of just him bringing his hands up & tucking his chin more.
                The guy needs a lot of work & hasn't to me shown any major signs of improvement in nearly 30 pro fights.
                Add the fact hes notorious for gym wars & took some brutal shots in his last few fights against Maidana, Peterson, Garcia
                Beatings like that will take their tole on just about anybody.

His chin is bad.
                His punch selection is bad, he has horrible balance, coordination and footwork.
                Hes got no head movement at all.
                He can't fight at mid-range or in the pocket, at all, what so ever!

I think if you could iron most of his flaws out, he'd be pretty damn boring tbh & it would only be a matter of time before somebody found his chin again.

Comment

Well he is talking like him and Roach are going to part ways on Skysports, He is now complaining about having to travel to the Phillipines etc, He should know that when he got with Roach that Pacquiao was his number one fighter and that Roach would likely train more fighters.

Comment

He reacts horrifically when he gets clipped.
                    I've seen it before, these flaws are drilled into him, its almost apart of a fighters DNA

You can not turn a bad fighter into a great one.
                    He just doesn't have it, he is who he is.

He can't box going backwards or side-to-side.

His age does it make it bad, flaws like those needs drilling out as a kid as far as I am concerned.

It amazes me its taken you all nearly 30 fights now to realise this guy needs a complete rehaul and is FAR from elite.

Comment

Working...
                    X