No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire stinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
    I'm pretty familiar with and have a very close proximity to the industry, so I think I'm well within my realm.

If you take offense at my critique it has more to do with your primitive interpretation of the medium as a whole.
    Haha, that is not a critique my man. That is saying that anyone that disagrees with you is wrong, and it is not saying so eloquently.

And sad part is, the vast majority of people who are significantly more informed than you on the topic disagree with you.

Just enjoy things man, not everything has some subliminal conspiracies that are worth condemning an entire network, and anyone who enjoys the shows over.

Comment

The fact of the matter, the quality of media in general has been in a progressive decline as evidenced by the amount of remakes done every year stemming from the fact that hollywood is creativity's graveyard.

This has also not only been covered, and predicted by academics in the realms of sociology and media studies, but it was predicted in the 60's and 70's.

So it shouldn't come as a shock that the same ideas are recycled over and over again albeit with a high tech overlay designed to fool the novice into thinking he/she is seeing something new.
      yeah this relates to movies like ****ing Transformers

The Wire was a great show and to down play to try and at like an elitist just makes you look like a dipshit

Comment

Don't llke every show on HBO or Showtime, but they are better than any show on regular TV, except Breaking Bad. Big Love is actually pretty good, but The Wire was better. I mean I don't really like to look to deep into these shows or be that much of critic.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Haha, that is not a critique my man. That is saying that anyone that disagrees with you is wrong, and it is not saying so eloquently.

And sad part is, the vast majority of people who are significantly more informed than you on the topic disagree with you.

Just enjoy things man, not everything has some subliminal conspiracies that are worth condemning an entire network, and anyone who enjoys the shows over.
          Informed how? Because they like the show and I don't?

I'm not trying to be eloquent here or give a drawn out review, but the fact remains, the show sucks but gets the benefit of the doubt because of its affiliation with Hbo and Marty.

I'd love to enjoy it, unfortunately I think its miscast and more cliched in its approach than the bulk of hbo shows, which is saying something.

I'll bet you thought Carnival was good.

Comment

If you wanna get down to brass, Nikita is probably one of the best shows on tv right now.

And that shit's on the CW.

Comment

Informed how? Because they like the show and I don't?

I'm not trying to be eloquent here or give a drawn out review, but the fact remains, the show sucks but gets the benefit of the doubt because of its affiliation with Hbo and Marty.

I'd love to enjoy it, unfortunately I think its miscast and more cliched in its approach than the bulk of hbo shows, which is saying something.

I'll bet you thought Carnival was good.

No, not people who like the shows. Informed because they are people that took years of schooling and have dedicated much of their studies and livelihood's to being knowledgable on the quality of film/television. And a lot of these shows are universally acclaimed, not EVERYONE is wrong, and you are right.

Carnival sucked dick.

You watched one episode of the show and you're condemning it. I agree with you that the first episode was slow, but it was exposition, a lot of pilot's are like that.

I can understand your criticism of Bueschemi as the Nucky. Not a huge fan of it myself, but the guy is talented so while it's miscast, it doesn't kill the show for me.

The writing is rock solid, the set designs are some of the best I've EVER seen. I have no idea how you can call it cliche when seeing one episode of it.

Like I said you just WANT to go against the grain.

Comment

If you wanna get down to brass, Nikita is probably one of the best shows on tv right now.

And that shit's on the CW.

That show seems pretty ***gy.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                  And more importantly.....there's a difference between liking a show and being able to acknowledge the quality of a show.

Me...not a huge Sopranos fan. Just never loved it like everyone else. But I can watch it and appreciate the quality. It's a well done show, I just never really got into it. But I never went on some tangent saying anyone that likes it is some wanna be poser yuppie just liking anything HBO puts out.

Comment

No, not people who like the shows. Informed because they are people that took years of schooling and have dedicated much of their studies and livelihood's to being knowledgable on the quality of film/television. And a lot of these shows are universally acclaimed, not EVERYONE is wrong, and you are right.

Carnival sucked dick.

You watched one episode of the show and you're condemning it. I agree with you that the first episode was slow, but it was exposition, a lot of pilot's are like that.

I can understand your criticism of Bueschemi as the Nucky. Not a huge fan of it myself, but the guy is talented so while it's miscast, it doesn't kill the show for me.

The writing is rock solid, the set designs are some of the best I've EVER seen. I have no idea how you can call it cliche when seeing one episode of it.

Like I said you just WANT to go against the grain.
                    No man. I just don't like the show and I cant take bushemmee seriously. You are pretty presumptuous on 2 counts though.

1 that people that study film or media know anything about film or media, and 2 assuming that its something I don't have expertise in.

For that I disrespect you.

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                    Seems that way, but if your sensibilities are properly calibrated, its a brilliant show.

Whereas HBO shows hide behind an avant garde facade to masquerade their kitsch this show projects kitsch but is in fact a revelation in current events, shadow gov. rogue networks and spec ops tactics.

Making it moar sophisticated and avant garde than any of that queer bait on hbo.

Comment

And more importantly.....there's a difference between liking a show and being able to acknowledge the quality of a show.

Me...not a huge Sopranos fan. Just never loved it like everyone else. But I can watch it and appreciate the quality. It's a well done show, I just never really got into it. But I never went on some tangent saying anyone that likes it is some wanna be poser yuppie just liking anything HBO puts out.
                      B.E has nice set designs, but you know what? So does every other HBO show with a million dollar budget.

I'd rather watch a show that's good with basic set's than some overly fluffed show with no substance resting on the laurels of its network.

Comment

Working...
                      X