Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Chin - Foreman, Holyfield or Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how good tysons beard is. He didnt seem to take that many punches early in his career so werent known for having a great chin, but known more for having a massive neck that he would probably be hard to ko because of his neck.
    But took massive punches by lennox before going down. But really that is saving his chin for one fight. But Tyson wasnt ever sparked out with one punch, so i agree he had a great chin. Its quite annoying really, because at the end of the day, there are many boxers with great chins, just some are better boxers than others. Are we saying RaY mercer dont belong in this company?

Comment

Man, how about James Toney's chin?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Man, how about James Toney's chin?
        If Toney was in the thread then P4P I'd vote for him. Not overall though.

Comment

Holyfields' is the more tested against sick punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Not sure how good tysons beard is. He didnt seem to take that many punches early in his career so werent known for having a great chin, but known more for having a massive neck that he would probably be hard to ko because of his neck.
            But took massive punches by lennox before going down. But really that is saving his chin for one fight. But Tyson wasnt ever sparked out with one punch, so i agree he had a great chin. Its quite annoying really, because at the end of the day, there are many boxers with great chins, just some are better boxers than others. Are we saying RaY mercer dont belong in this company?
            I'd say physically he was a very resilient fighter, but he did get rocked a lot more than those other two, partly due to his style and partly due to his size. Holyfield always had that bounce in his feet to take the edge off where Tyson tended to be more flat footed. CB Foreman was flat footed as well, but due to his height and arms out style was hard to hit clean.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
              If Toney was in the thread then P4P I'd vote for him. Not overall though.
              Yea Toney p4p.......I mean he was a blown up super middlweight eating punches from big punching heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Are we saying RaY mercer dont belong in this company?
                I didn't say his chin isn't as good as these guys. I'm not asking who had the best chin in HW history, just who had the best out of these guys.

Comment

Got to go with Foreman, even at a later age he was able to take so many punches that landed flush.

Lennox said after the Tyson fight that he hit Tyson's chin with great punches and he was able to take them.

Holyfield having a good chin was also resilient

Mercer had also a great chin and Oliver McCall

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    I didn't say his chin isn't as good as these guys. I'm not asking who had the best chin in HW history, just who had the best out of these guys.
                    Oh i see. Maybe Lennox lewis could answer as hes fought Tyson and Evander, but not Foreman i guess.

But again, i doubt Evanders chin was as hard as mercers in reply to someone who said Evander had the hardest chin in history. Evander maybe the best boxer to chin ration in history. But then, again Ali wouldnt be far off as well.

Comment

I'm going Foreman, even though he was down the most between the three. He could take unbelievable bombs.

Comment

Working...
                      X