Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
    Idiotic because I'm laughing at the argument about moving the date? Sure, I'll be that. There isn't nothing to discuss, really, which is why I'm laughing. Arum dropped that mustard seed of doubt and you guys ran with it (hook, line and sinker). Ask yourself why can't Manny fight on May 5th? That's the 60000000 pound gorilla in the room that has consistently been ignored. And I'm being VERY productive with my time young man, worry about your own time.
    Who's you? Im no Pacquiao fan. In fact ive trashed him for months. And I was following the crowd like you, trashing him and Arum because honestly, i wasnt paying much attention to this ***** as I havent for the past couple of years. I just started to think about it more today and Ive yet to hear a reason why Mayweather couldnt hypothetically fight on a different date.

Believe me, i know Arum is full of ***** and would probably find another excuse BUT im just playing devils advocate. Can you offer an explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Who's you? Im no Pacquiao fan. In fact ive trashed him for months. And I was following the crowd like you, trashing him and Arum because honestly, i wasnt paying much attention to this ***** as I havent for the past couple of years. I just started to think about it more today and Ive yet to hear a reason why Mayweather couldnt hypothetically fight on a different date.
      I was speaking in general when I said you. The "you" was for the people asking why can't Floyd fight on another date. Everyone needs to ask why can't Manny fight on May 5? When Arum thought Floyd was going to prison he said he loved the May 5 if Manny wasn't going to fight Marquez. That's pathetic.

Believe me, i know Arum is full of ***** and would probably find another excuse BUT im just playing devils advocate. Can you offer an explanation?
      His attorney got in front of the judge and asked for a stay until June 1....why? To fulfill the obligations of fighting on May 5 with the MGM Grand. I don't know where the video is, but there is video from this that ran live on TMZ. But this is from yesterday.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...-5-date--48679

Comment

Originally posted by hoya4prez View Post
        The judge is saying the date was switched because he had duties to Las Vegas (Ie, fight May 5th and create millions in revenue, and not in another state due to his fight duties as a resident of Vegas)

This venue had been reserved for quite some time now.

Arum said no, and is planning an outdoor stadium for June 9th.

Floyd goes to jail June 1st.

Whats so difficult to understand?
        Ahemmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by hoya4prez View Post
          The judge is saying the date was switched because he had duties to Las Vegas (Ie, fight May 5th and create millions in revenue, and not in another state due to his fight duties as a resident of Vegas)

This venue had been reserved for quite some time now.

Arum said no, and is planning an outdoor stadium for June 9th.

Floyd goes to jail June 1st.

Whats so difficult to understand?
          People have to find a way to blame Mayweather. Because this just can't be on Manny Pacquaio.

Comment

I was speaking in general when I said you. The "you" was for the people asking why can't Floyd fight on another date. Everyone needs to ask why can't Manny fight on May 5? When Arum thought Floyd was going to prison he said he loved the May 5 if Manny wasn't going to fight Marquez. That's pathetic.

His attorney got in front of the judge and asked for a stay until June 1....why? To fulfill the obligations of fighting on May 5 with the MGM Grand. I don't know where the video is, but there is video from this that ran live on TMZ. But this is from yesterday.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...-5-date--48679
            His obligation is with MGM. Its not a legal obligation to fight on May 5th.

Which again makes me wonder why he would set a date/venue for a fight against Pacquiao with NO INPUT and NO NEGOTIATION from Pacquiao's side.

Neither side really wants this fight imho

Comment

I was wondering the same. How can the judge order him to fight on a specific date? He's a free man until June 1st, isn't he?

Although I have no doubt in my mind that Arum would find another excuse. I dont think Mayweather's side are completely blameless. They knew setting a date/venue before any negotiations took place would piss off Arum.

Neither side really wants this fight....
              gtho with that bullshit. Where are things like this fixed and worked out? Oh yeah In negotiations, you know that thing that GBP has been trying to do. And Top Rank has refused. Which was admitted my Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                gtho with that bullshit. Where are things like this fixed and worked out? In negotiations, you know that thing that GBP has been trying to do. And Top Rank has refused. Admitted my Bob Arum.
                How do you go into a negotiation with a SET date/venue? Thats not a negotiation.

Comment

People have to find a way to blame Mayweather. Because this just can't be on Manny Pacquaio.
                  That's really all it is. They hate seeing Floyd in the right. They don't even have to be fans of Pacquiao, they just don't like Floyd.

I am unaware of any other venues available for Floyd (Why else would have have had to book a place last year to get it?) There aren't that amny fight venues in Vegas for him to fight at for the remainder of May.

That all doesn't matter since Arum wants it for June anyways.

Comment

How do you go into a negotiation with a SET date/venue? Thats not a negotiation.
                    How do you go into negotiations with someone when they won't negotiate with you?

Comment

His obligation is with MGM. Its not a legal obligation to fight on May 5th.

Which again makes me wonder why he would set a date/venue for a fight against Pacquiao with NO INPUT and NO NEGOTIATION from Pacquiao's side.

Neither side really wants this fight imho
                      Did you read the link that I posted?

Additionally, Wrinkler advised BoxingScene.com about the existing agreement with the Clark County Judicial Court, which ALSO directs Mayweather to fight on May 5th. ....The judge, per the request of Mayweather and Wrinkler, delayed the start of the sentence to June 1- in order to allow Mayweather to fight May 5 at the MGM.
                      Is this any clearer...it's straight from the article.

Comment

Working...
                      X