No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko may be fighting Manuel Charr on September 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    It will be interesting to see who the WBC will have fight for the vacant HW title after Vitali retires.
    Don Knig and Stiverne seem to have intentionally avoided imposing their mandatory status in hopes of Vitali retiring and receiving a shot at the vacant title. Disappointing, but I understand... Stiverne would get brutalized against Vitali, he's tailor made for Vitali and Ray Austin's poor impression of Vitali made that clear.

Hopefully anyone but a Don King fighter wins the title so the posssibility of an undisputed, unification fight is there and there's no John Ruiz situation.

Comment

Vitali has been fighting poor opposition these past few years, and this is coming from a longtime fan. I'd rather he not fight at all than have a farewell with Charr.

Comment

I have to admit, I've barely heard of Charr, have never seen him fight, and don't even know what he looks like. He can't be much worse than Wach though.

Comment

There are few fights as disappointing for a last fight for Vitali Klitschko as this one. I hope this is either not true or not his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            The Klitschkos have cleaned out the divison!!! Nobodys left!
            Come on bro, are you really trying to tell me there are no better fighters left than Charr?

Comment

lmao.. Klitschko needs to stop ducking Haye. It's so obvious he scared to face Haye cos of the speed and power. Chisora nearly beat his ass and he only had like 15 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                lmao.. Klitschko needs to stop ducking Haye. It's so obvious he scared to face Haye cos of the speed and power. Chisora nearly beat his ass and he only had like 15 fights.

Really? Chisora won 2/3 rounds max.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  German and Russian websites are reporting that Manuel Charr is getting closer to finalizing a fight with Vitali Klitschko on Sept 8.

http://www.figosport.de/profiboxen/1...september.html

Charr (21-0, age 27) is ranked #11 by the WBO. This would be Vitali's farewell fight. He'll turn 41 in July and has looked somewhat faded (but still very good) in recent fights.

Although unknown in the US, Charr is actually better-known and more popular in Germany than the other WBC-ranked HWs. A few others (Wach, Pulev) might make for a more competitive fight, considering Vitali's age Charr is an acceptable opponent. And the poll results on German websites (for example, check the above link) indicate most fans over there want to see Charr-Vitali. And let's be honest here, no matter WHO Vitali fights, some people who don't like him will criticize him for it.

It will be interesting to see who the WBC will have fight for the vacant HW title after Vitali retires.
                  So are Steffi Graff, Claudia Schiffer and Michael Schumacher, is Vitali planning to fight them too, or will Wlad take those fights instead.

The joke is the German fans will probably buy those fights too.

If Vitali doesn't fight Haye, it is a duck and that will be apart of his legacy.

Comment

Haye is not rank & will not be rank by the WBC and everybody know it. So forget it. Anyway you need an heart to fight Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
                      Anyway you need an heart to fight Vitali.
                      That seems to be the only criteria.

Comment

Working...
                      X