No announcement yet.

weed smokers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weed smokers

im curious what yall think about weed smoking boxers, i know tons of guys who smoke weed to help them train / heal for or from a fight. it seems to give my buddies tons of energy they never get tired... i know u get drug tested in pro's but these kids thinkl they can continue to smoke weed and train in the amatuers... do they drug test in amamtuers? cuz i told these guys they do and u cant smoke weed lol. someone get back to me

The bottom line is in this sport you need to be at the top of your game all the time. Stuff like weed, and cig, and alcohol are gonna take you off your game. Definitely during training refrain from doing that as much as possible. Just go out and party after the bout, or better not to do it at all.

Comment

yeah i totally agree, weed / cigs/ booze, all that **** aint for fighters.

Comment

how would smoking weed help anything? i used to smoke it in my teens, but it always made me passive and want to eat/sleep... its the last thing i would think of taking as a supplement.

i think people who smoke it and say they use it to train are just looking for excuses to smoke it but it has no real benefits at all.

Comment

I agree with canrus, it's not gonna help your boxing at all. That BS about it "healing" them is utter crap. **** made up by idiots, who want it legalized, so they can smoke more of it. I've seen plenty of people become addicted, smoking that **** 10 times a day, and go so brain numb they can't be bothered even taking a shower.

And yes, they do test for it. I don't know the frequency in the States or UK or wherever, but here they test regularly. I don't let anybody in my gym, if they do any kinds of drugs. If they get caught in a random test, it's gonna reflect badly on the gym, and all the clean, serious guys I've got.

Comment

thanks for the info, im really gunna talk to my two buddies about it. i love em to death, they are my best n closest friends, i use to smoke too... but i changed my life around and they can too

Comment

Yeah if they want to take boxing seriously they should refrain from smoking weed. I smoke occassionaly and that's only when I want to relax and have a fun time with friends. Saying that it gives them energy is funny it's probably in their head that it does. For a boxer there bodies are temples and need to be in top shape to perform well.

Comment

if ur gonna smoke weed make sure u dont do it much and make sure u do it at night, and it won't affect you much

Comment

I can totally see how it will help give you energy; I get the same way, maybe its cuz im a sonic hydroponic cheeapet. When I fought though I wasnt smoking cuz the bottom line is it does more harm than good.

Comment

That's one of the most off the wall myths i've ever heard about marijuana. Personally, I don't smoke/drink anything. I've never tasted alchohol and never smoked a cigarette or pot in my life. I think for fighting, that has made me much better and kept me in way better shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X