Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Kelly Pavlik is Close, Targeted For L.A.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Kelly Pavlik is Close, Targeted For L.A.

Andre Ward’s proposed super middleweight world title defense against Kelly Pavlik on January 26 is being targeted for Los Angeles at a venue to be determined, sources close to the situation have informed BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com. Premium cable network HBO will televise the fight.

“The deal is close,” said Bob Arum, Pavlik’s promoter, who was on vacation in Mexico.

Ward’s promoter, Dan Goossen, could not be reached for comment.
    [Click Here To Read More]

another cali fight

Comment

Glad to see that Pavliks getting another shot, i haven't seen the guy fight in a real long time and i even questioned whether or not he would even get a shot a few years ago, looks like he's got it together and im happy that he's back in the boxing picture

Comment

Before everyone starts *****ing about this fight remember that it was not long ago that Showtime passed on Bute Froch because they wrote Froch off as a lost cause. Doesn't mean I'd bet on Pavlik. I absolutely wouldn't. Just saying to sit back and enjoy the fight. That's what I plan on doing.
        Last edited by Matisyahu; 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Ward wins via stoppage. easy work , as usual.

Comment

This would be like a kid against an adult playing chess

Comment

Should be an easy win for Ward and it Adds another decent name to his resume.

Comment

Pavlik is a drunk bar brawler nowadays.

Comment

It is a fight that makes sense, Ward needs an opponent with a name and Pavlik wants to get his star back and beating Ward would be the fastest way back.

I don't like Pavlik's chances and Ward should beat him but I think Pavlik will come hard because he knows he needs to make the most of this opportunity even if he doesn't win.

Plus considering where Pavlik has been it will probably be easier for him to get up for a guy like Ward than the tune-ups he has been having.

Comment

would have rather seen Froch -Pavlik. such a speed difference here. pavlik will look slow-mo against Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X