No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alekseev vs Arslan Early Fight Results From Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alekseev vs Arslan Early Fight Results From Germany

Local hero Goekalp Oezekler (13-1, 6 KOs) got a contoversial hometown decision over tough and durable France-based Tunisian Moez Fhima (21-2-1, 8 KOs) to retain his WBC Mediterranean middleweight title. The fight was fought in spurts and mostly on the inside, where stronger Fhima looked to be considerably better. However, the judges didn't praise his efforts and awarded the split decision to the Turk. scores were: 115-114, 115-113 - for Oezekler, and 112-116 - for Fhima.

[Click Here To Read More]

Draw! Nice, had that at 25/1. Good fight too actually.

Comment

Firat Arslan was clearly robbed - as was Fhima

Comment

How did Alekseev look? I remember having high hopes for him years ago. It sounds like he's still a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
          How did Alekseev look? I remember having high hopes for him years ago. It sounds like he's still a disappointment.
          I saw the last half of the fight. From what I saw Arslan was surprisingly dominant. Alexeev looked like he had no clue and his chin looked like Roy Jones on a bad day. Arslan had him hurt on several occasions from shots with very little steam.

Comment

That's a shame. He's offensively talented, but apparently lacking in chin and perhaps mental toughness (judging by the Ramirez fight and the poor performances following that loss).

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
              That's a shame. He's offensively talented, but apparently lacking in chin and perhaps mental toughness (judging by the Ramirez fight and the poor performances following that loss).
              Seemed to me as if he didn't have the moves to keep Arslan off of him. Arslan pressed the fight to the inside and Alexeev was lost there. On the occassions where he went out from a distance he looked good though.

Bear in mind that I only saw the last half of the fight.

Comment

Great fight.

I hope Arslan can make some more money following this performance. Alekseev should have kept the distance instead of literally going head to head with Arslan.

Comment

Working...
                X