No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Pacquiao's Choice; Khanspiracy; More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Pacquiao's Choice; Khanspiracy; More

By Robert Morales - Trainer Freddie Roach told this reporter last week that Manny Pacquiao would be coming to Los Angeles this week to talk about his next opponent. As it turns out, Pacquiao won't be coming to L.A., said his promoter, Bob Arum.

Rather, Arum is going to the Philippines next week and will meet with Pacquiao on, or just after, Jan. 10 to discuss which of four fighters will next square off with him. They are Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto and Lamont Peterson.

"I will be meeting with Manny that week and everything will get sorted out," Arum said.

Arum said he is currently determining how all four fighters might fare as far as generating bucks for live gate and pay-per-view.

"We are researching all of that, all four guys," Arum said. "We have asked HBO for their opinion, and I will present it all to Manny and then we will have a decision."

Interestingly, not only would Arum not say which fighter he prefers during a telephone conversation with BoxingScene.com, he said he is going to withhold that information from Pacquiao as well. [Click Here To Read More]

Manny: "I want Mayweather in July"
    Arum: "you crazy."

Comment

HBO should put their foot down and say they will only pay x amount on guarantee that Mayweather is after.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
        HBO should put their foot down and say they will only pay x amount on guarantee that Mayweather is after.
        Agree. Good idea. They would probably go to Showtime though, and you know Showtime would take it.

Comment

mayweather is the draw dumbass and his name commands the money plus he will make HBO alot of money. simple as that.

Comment

Meanwhile floyd will be dropping the soap on purpose in front of big bubba lmao

Looks like Pac is gonna sell twice the amount of PPV's floyd will AGAIN in 2012

P4P KING
            CASH COW
            HATERS GONNA HATE

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              Manny: "I want Mayweather in July"
              Arum: "you crazy."

Yeah why isn't Team Roid trying to fight Floyd in July, wouldn't that give Manny's boo boo time to heal? It once again clearly goes to show that Team Roid never wanted to fight Floyd.

Comment

Go on Cotto, now's your chance. Get him at 154 while he's fading! lol, jk..

Comment

wtf??? if this means what i think it does and what it looks like, you sir are a pathetic hater

Comment

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
                    Go on Cotto, now's your chance. Get him at 154 while he's fading! lol, jk..
                    lmao smh

Comment

Working...
                    X