No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel, Rafael Marquez Batter Opponents in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel, Rafael Marquez Batter Opponents in Cancun

At Plaza de Toros in Cancun, Mexico, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (53-5-1, 39 KOs) knocked out Likar Ramos (24-4, 18 KOs) in the first round of a junior welterweight bout. One solid right hand ended Ramos and put him away. The fight was a tune-up to see how Marquez reacts to a higher weight for his November 12 trilogy fight with Manny Pacquiao, which takes place at a catch-weight of 144-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

1 round, what a useless tuneup it turned out to be

Comment

Fought a bunch of no hopers and nobodys

Comment

Dan Rafael is, thus far, the only media member really questioning the legitimacy of this KO. Steve Kim implied that it's a punch that can put a fighter down, but not knock a fighter out...

Interesting to see how this develops in the following days...

Comment

Marquez win?

"Batter" is not the right word.
          They have only begun exchanging light jabs when Marquez threw a light right hand, and the guy just went to sleep. It was a poor showing by both I think. What a sham.

Comment

This needs to be looked at.The dude took a dive.Now i know theres this
            kind of shlt that happens in boxing.But if it involves a big name like marquez.
            Its going to far.Either arum or a drug cartel was in on it.Mannys fights
            with clottey and mosley are a ? to me.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              This needs to be looked at.The dude took a dive.Now i know theres this
              kind of shlt that happens in boxing.But if it involves a big name like marquez.
              Its going to far.Either arum or a drug cartel was in on it.Mannys fights
              with clottey and mosley are a ? to me.
              I'm confused... What do you think about the Pac/Clottey and Pac/Mosley fights?
              Last edited by BesWorldChamp; 07-16-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Something stinks about the main event. Not to say it cannot happen but ...I wasn't convinced. I'd say it went perfectly as per the script.

Anyway, Nov is still ON and that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
                  I'm confused... Why do you think about the Pac/Clottey and Pac/Mosley fights?
                  I think they where paid not to put up a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    I think they where paid not to put up a fight.
                    I simply believe both Mosley and Clottey were very scared to get hit by Pac. And that's coming from a huge Mosley fan.

This one, tonight, had to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X