Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If both Klitchkos retired today, would there be a dominant heavyweight Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Link me 5 sources that says Brock was elite.

I can link 10 sources that says Andrew Golota was considered elite... right after the Bowe fights.

At least 10 different sources claim Golota was an elite fighter and a future star.

I wanna see 5 legit sources that says Brock is elite..

quotes from boxing insiders.

Go
    Go find 'em yourself boy. I don't take orders from you.

Go watch some old Youtube clips and listen to Al Bernstein and Steve Farhood and whomever else singing the praises of The Boxing Banker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
      Calvin "The Boxing Banker" Brock was considered by many American "experts" to be one of the next great US heavyweights; whether you considered him to be "B level" is not my problem.
      Hence why I told him that "elite" is subjective and up to interpretation on a individual basis.

It's easy to say that Brock wasn't good in hindsight. But in foresight, as you said, he was considered a potential prospect who could become something else. Of course everyone can play Monday morning quarterback now and say these things in hindsight. I just wonder what they thought back then.

The same way they look down upon Hopkins beating a "Bloated welterweight", "Small 154 pounder", Tito - in hindsight. But who are all these people who made him the odds on favorite against Hopkins prior to the fight?
      Last edited by cupocity303; 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Link me 5 sources that says Brock was elite.
        Elite?

Are you looking for that precise word? How about an article with different wording but a distinction without a real difference? It only requires for you to read between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          Hence why I told him that "elite" is subjective and up to interpretation on a individual basis.

It's easy to say that Brock wasn't good in hindsight. But in foresight, as you said, he was considered a potential prospect who could become something else. Of course everyone can play Monday morning quarterback now and say these things in hindsight. I just wonder what they thought back then.

The same way they look down upon Hopkins beating a "Bloated welterweight", "Small 154 pounder" in Tito in hindsight. But who are all these people who made him the odds on favorite against Hopkins prior to the fight?
          Lots of Amerikan "experts" thought Brock would beat Wlad.

Lots of Amerikan "experts" thought Arreola would beat Vitali.

LOTS of Amerikan "experts" thought Haye would destroy Wlad (incl Freddie the Joke Coach Roach, Teddy Atlas and Angelo Dumbdee).

So there you go.

It's only AFTER the K-Bros win that these ideas are discarded and the purveyors of them act like they never said them in the first place. Dumbdee died so he got out of his mistake easily.

Comment

Nope, at least not from the USA. We're terrible when it comes to HW boxing.

Europe still towers over us in terms of that division.

Comment

Short answer is no. No one boxer will dominate the HW division like they do respectively. I could some one or two Americans becoming champions but the rest will be European.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Short answer is no. No one boxer will dominate the HW division like they do respectively. I could some one or two Americans becoming champions but the rest will be European.
                The best non K-Bro right now in terms of his skills and recent wins is Kubrat Pulev.

He beat Travis Walker, Sascha Dimitrenko and previously undefeated Alex Ustinov last year, all big, strong heavyweights who can punch.

In fact, Pulev had the best year of ANY heavyweight in 2012, INCLUDING THE K-BROS.

So I would like his chances to be the next heavyweight champion who is more than a flash in the pan after the K-Bros.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

The same way they look down upon Hopkins beating a "Bloated welterweight", "Small 154 pounder", Tito - in hindsight. But who are all these people who made him the odds on favorite against Hopkins prior to the fight?
                  If we go by your critiera.. Lennox Lewis is GOAT.

Because he have beaten more 'potential super stars' than any other heavyweight in history.

I actually got links and sources.

Ruddock-Tua-Golota-Grant- were all considered 'future mega stars of the HW Division' after Lewis dominated them.. they became shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                    Calvin "The Boxing Banker" Brock was considered by many American "experts" to be one of the next great US heavyweights; whether you considered him to be "B level" is not my problem.

Haye would get knocked out by Arreola or Brock so that wouldn't change the scenario much.

All I can say for you types whining about the heavyweight division is: don't watch it. Seems logical. I tend to avoid things I hate doing.
                    okay....

Comment

Working...
                    X